Why Do You Care - Wanda Maximoff

Warnings: blood and like one swear word

This started off as a little blurb of fluff but then I got carried away and became over three thousand words. This is what happens when I write during the ungodly hours of the night.

"Bruce! Prep the med bay, we've going to need urgent medical assistance!" Steve half yelled into his communications device as he picked up the Quinjet's speed.

"Y/n, I need you to take your jacket off." Wanda half ordered and half asked as she sat down next to me with a med kit.

"It hurts. I can't." I groaned as I held my injured right arm and leaned against the seat that my girlfriend had forced me into. I could feel warm blood seep through my clothes and trickle down my back.

"I know it hurts, baby. I know." Wanda cooed as she slowly helped me take off my jacket. Another groan of pain escaped me as I moved to allow Wanda to slip my bad arm out of the sleeve.

She threw the bloodied and torn piece of clothing aside, then opened the first aid kit that sat in her lap and pulled out several wads of gauze. She then placed it on my gun shot wound on the back of my right shoulder and applied pressure.

I gave a small yelp of pain and tightened my grip on the edge of my seat. Wanda pressed harder as I began to feel sleepy and lightheaded, either from the pain or loss of blood.

"Wanda...I don't feel good." I mumbled as my eyes began to droop slightly.

"No no no, you need to stay with me." she told me, trying to get me to look at her. I couldn't exactly do that since she was sitting behind me.

Natasha came over to us, noticing my tired state. She motioned for Wanda to get up so they could switch spots, that way Natasha could help stop the bleeding and Wanda could help keep me awake.

Wanda wiped her blood-covered hands on her pants as she sat in front of me. She placed her hands on my face as Natasha reapplied pressure to my right shoulder.

"Hey, you remember your last birthday party? Can you remind me how that went?" She asked, trying to get my mind working to keep me awake and active.

"Oh yeah, because right now is the perfect time to reminisce." I joked, giving a breathy laugh as Natasha pressed harder on my shoulder.

"Well at least your sarcasm is uninjured." Natasha commented, giving Wanda a half hearted smirk.

One half-hearted story time and a few minutes later, Steve landed the Quinjet and lowered the docking ramp. Wanda and Natasha helped me up, holding on to both my arms and taking me into the compound. Bruce ran forward once we were inside and replaced Natasha at my side. I was half conscious and barely aware of what was going on.

"What are we looking at?" he asked the three of us.

"GSW to the shoulder, no exit wound. She's lost a pint, maybe two." Natasha informed, knowing I wouldn't be able to respond and Wanda was beginning to go into shock from me getting shot.

"Get her up on the table." he ordered as we entered the med bay. Wanda helped set me on the examining table as Bruce began to get the supplies he would need. "I'm going to need space. You two go get cleaned up, I'll call you when I'm done.

Natasha gently took hold of Wanda's wrist and guided her out of the medical room since she was just standing there, in her clothes covered with my blood, unmoving and finally processing the fact that I had been shot.

Once Natasha and Wanda left, Bruce appeared at my side with a syringe in hand. He injected me with something and moved away to prep whatever it was he needed. Consumed with both pain and the new drug, I finally gave into my drowsiness and fell unconscious.