You Did What Now? - Natasha Romanoff

Warnings: None

I'm seeing Multiverse of Madness tomorrow and I actually cannot wait

Pacing. Why was I pacing again? Oh yeah, I was nervous. No...not nervous. I was anxious and furious. Why was I furious you may ask? Well it's simple, I was furious with my girlfriend, Natasha.

Natasha and I met during one random afternoon. It would probably be considered boring to anyone else, but it was nice to me. We were both at a coffee shop, waiting for our orders. When our drinks came up, we accidentally took the other's drink. We both realized it and switched, also exchanging some small talk which evolved into whatever the hell it was today.

During our fifth or sixth date, I figured out who she really was and that she was an Avenger. Honestly, I found it cool that the Black Widow was dating me. She was such an amazing person, so sweet and caring that it was adorable.

A few weeks after we had become official, I had gone with her to meet her coworkers. They were...peculiar. They were all interesting in their own way, but most of them had their own unique qualities. Can you tell I'm trying to be positive about Natasha's weird family?

I had woken up this morning, excited to spend some time with her because it was one of her few days off. But she wasn't there, not in bed, not anywhere in our apartment. I had tried my best not to panic and left about a dozen voicemails and texts asking her where the hell she went. They started off very calm, just wanting to know if she was alright. Then they progressed, becoming more chaotic and worried. I got no response from her, which didn't help my case to stay calm.

So I tried a different approach. I dialed Steve's number and listened to the line ring.

"Hello?" the captain's voice called out through the phone.

"Hi, Steve. It's me, y/n." I responded, trying to keep myself polite for the old man's heart.

"What can I do for you, y/n?" Steve asked. I could tell he was smiling while talking.

"So, I woke up this morning and Nat wasn't here. I've tried calling and texting her several times but she hasn't replied. Do you know where she went?" I asked, wishing he had an answer for me.

"She's on a mission. I think Tony contacted her early this morning."

"Oh, okay. She didn't tell me but thank you Steve."

"It was assigned at an early hour. Maybe she didn't want to wake you."

"Yeah...probably. Thanks Steve." I said, hanging up before he could say anything further.

She left. She just got up and left without telling me. Scared the crap out of me and I had to go find out where the hell she had gone by calling her co-workers to check up on her. I knew that with the nature of her job, there were some things she couldn't tell me, either because it was classified or just to keep me safe. But the least she could do was tell me that she was leaving for work. I didn't care about details, I just wanted to know if she was leaving and when she would come back.

So all that landed me there in the living room, pacing back and forth, waiting for Natasha to return. I didn't exactly know what I would say or do when she got back. I knew the last thing I wanted to do was blow up and yell at her. That wasn't me when I was angry. Or at least, I tried not to be that way. All I wanted was some kind of communication.

I let out a frustrated sigh and sat down on the nearby couch. I couldn't keep the worst thoughts out of my mind. What if she was injured, or captured? What if she was just out there bleeding to death? I couldn't do anything to help save her. I hated this part of my life. I was used to her being away for days for work. I just hated that I couldn't be there to help protect her.