Visiting - Kate Bishop

Warnings: Implied smut but it's one line at the very end

Hi so I wrote this after a long day at work and I was wishing for one Kate Bishop to come visit me and make my day better. 

I work at a restaurant and I don't understand how there can be so many rude people. 

If you go and eat out somewhere, don't get mad at the service. We're trying our best and you're probably not our only table to take care of. 

Anyways, idk how I feel about this one, but here it is

I rolled over in bed and groaned, looking at the clock on my nightstand. Kate was still clutching onto one of my arms, so I was just sort of sprawled out, trying to check the time.

6:12 am

I had to get up soon if I'm going to make my shift. I was scheduled to come into work at seven, so I had about forty-five minutes to get up, get around, and get to the restaurant.

Slowly, I pulled my captive arm free from Kate's sleepy clutches, and got out of bed. I wandered into the kitchen and began brewing a pot of coffee. God knows that if I don't get a cup of coffee in the morning, I will be too grouchy to work in food service.

Leaving the drink to brew, I went back into the bedroom and pulled out a fresh uniform shirt, which was a black button-up, and a pair of black pants.

As I pulled off my pajamas and began pulling on my work clothes, Kate snorted in her sleep. I tried my best to giggle quietly, but she was too cute, especially in her sleep.

Part of me wanted to wake her up, tell her that I was leaving for work soon, but she looked so peaceful sleeping that I felt bad waking her up. Plus I knew she had had a late night, finishing up some stuff for Bishop Security that I knew she needed her rest.

I pulled my hair back into a tight bun and moved to the mirror to check everything.

Kate snorted again in her sleep and rolled over, mumbling something in gibberish. She must be having one hell of an interesting dream.

After fixing my shirt collar and clipping on my name tag, I went back into the kitchen to grab some coffee before heading out.

I pulled out a mug and poured my coffee and began fixing it the way I like it. I had about twenty minutes, which was plenty of time since the restaurant was only about five minutes away.

The moment I sat down at the table and brought my hot drink to my lips, Kate shuffled into the kitchen, still half asleep. She dragged one of the chairs as close to my left side as she could get and plopped down, grabbing onto my arm and resting her head on my shoulder.

"Someone's cuddly this morning." I smiled at her antics, placing a kiss on the top of her head.

"Why are you up so early?" she mumbled, snuggling deeper into my side.

"I have to go to work this morning, baby." I said, taking a sip of my coffee.

She whined at my response, gripping onto my arm tighter as I worked on my drink. We sat in silence while Kate got her last minute cuddles before I had to leave. But eventually, my cup of coffee was empty and I was unwrapping Kate from my side. I found her sleepy state hilarious.

"My shift ends at three, but if it's busy then I might be back at around 3:30 or 4." I told Kate while pulling on my shoes.

"I'll miss you." she mumbled, watching me rush around and grab my wallet, keys, and work apron.