A breath of fresh air - Kate Bishop

Warnings: mentions of panic but it's nothing to bad

Hi, so I based this off of my own experiences with asthma and some bad asthma attacks that I've had in the past. I found out I had asthma when it felt like I was going to die while trying to run the mile in PE class in high school. Not a whole lot of fun.

I got inspired to write this while I was at work, in the middle of an asthma attack because for some reason my lungs like to stop working when I use the freaking cleaning stuff we use to clean tables.

Anyways, I feel like this one's a mess, but it's whatever.

Also, I apologize if any of the medical stuff in this is wrong. I'm not a doctor.

I emerged from the bathroom like I always did in the mornings. Kate was looking out the bedroom window, an almost giddy look on her face at the sight of the fall morning. The leaves were beginning to change color, adding a shifting hue to the nearby forest that was next door to the Avenger's Compound.

    It was the beginning of fall, both mine and Kate's favorite season of the year. I had always liked colder temperatures, while my girlfriend liked the colors and the holidays that the time of year came with.

    "You ready to train?" I asked, walking up behind her and wrapping my arms around her waist.

    "Only if you're ready to get your ass kicked." Kate looked back at me with a mischievous smirk.

    "Oh you're going down." I said, trying to sound threatening while nuzzling my face into Kate's back.

    Kate just laughs at my antics, bringing her hands to rest on my arms that were wrapped around her front.

    "Come on, let's get going." Kate urged.

    I dropped my grip on her and met her face with a smile, stealing a quick kiss on the lips. She hummed at the affection.

    Suddenly, she jabbed her fingers into my sides, trying to tickle me. I squirmed away, laughing loudly as I tried to get Kate back. She just dodged out of the way of my returned tickle and began chasing me. I gave a slight yelp and darted out of the bedroom, running through the halls, giggling the whole way to the training room. I slowed down so I didn't run into any of the equipment, giving Kate an opportunity to attack. She dived forward and tackled me, causing both of us to tumble to the ground, colliding into the soft padding that covered most of the training room in a fit of laughter.

    "Ha, I win!" Kate exclaimed, straddling my lap and leaning down to my neck. For a moment I thought she was going to kiss me there, but I was surely mistaken. She began blowing raspberries on my skin, making me erupt in laughter, shrinking up my neck in attempts to get her to stop.

    "I refuse to accept defeat!" I giggled, finding purchase on her sides as I began tickling her. She squirmed away from me, laughing just as loudly, falling over off of me.

    I jumped up and stopped torturing my girlfriend.

    "Come on, let's get started." I outstretched my hand for her to take, which she did, and helped her up.

    "Right...what do you wanna start with?" Kate asked, fixing her shirt as it had started riding up during my tickle attack.

    "Let's do some sparring." I said, backing up on the sparring mats to give Kate some room. I was, for some reason, surprisingly out of breath from our antics.

    "You're going down." Kate smirked, beginning to stretch her arms across her front.

    I jumped up and down a few times, shaking out my limbs to ready myself, steadying my breathing which was slightly raged.