Painful - Wanda Maximoff

Warnings: mention of past abuse and past abusive relationships

The people have spoken and I will be writing a part two for the previous Yelena one shot!

____________

Wanda and I were still very early on in our relationship, despite the fact that we had been friends for several years before we actually started dating. In all honesty, we'd only been dating for just over two months, and even though we were already very comfortable around each other, dating added a new layer of relationship stuff for us to break through and figure out. It didn't make things awkward between us though, in fact it helped us grow closer.

However, despite our years of friendship and now our few months of dating, there are still things about me that Wanda doesn't know.

I was currently in the kitchen at the compound while Wanda was sitting at the other end of the room in the living room, watching TV. I had been sitting with her until I got up, wanting to get something to drink.

I was honestly feeling like having a cup of hot tea. It was getting colder as we worked our way through December.

"Love, can you grab me something too?" I heard Wanda ask from where she was sitting on the living room couch.

"Sure, what do you want?" I asked while placing the tea kettle on the stove top.

"Whatever you're having." she replied, probably knowing that I was going to make myself a cup of hot tea.

I added some extra water to the tea kettle and replaced it on the stove top. After turning on the burner, I left it there to boil and went back to Wanda. I stood behind her from where she was sitting on the couch and wrapped my arms around her shoulders and rested my head on top of her head.

"Hi, my love." she whispered, moving a little so she would plan a kiss on the underside of my chin. I could feel my face heat up a bit at the nickname.

The whole scene was cozy. That was the best way I could describe it. Mostly everyone was gone for the day, either on mission or out for their own personal reasons, giving Wanda and I the very rare opportunity to catch some alone time. Only person here was Bruce, but he was working on something for Fury in his lab, so he wouldn't bother us.

Usually, if we wanted some time to ourselves, we had to hide out in one of our rooms, but even then we'd get interrupted by Vision walking through our wall to tell us about a mission or of Pietro or Thor busting in, wanting to talk to us. Usually we didn't mind, I mean what do you expect when you live with multiple other people. But getting a moment to ourselves, knowing that we could sit here for hours, just enjoying the other person without worrying about interruptions, it was nice.

After a few more moments, the tea kettle was whistling. Planting a kiss to the top of Wanda's head, I went to tend to the hot water. I switched off the burner and grabbed two mugs and tea bags for us to use. 

Wanda had this one specific mug that she liked to use for hot drinks. It was something that Pietro had gifted her one year for her birthday and it wasn't hard to realize that it was her favorite mug. She was very particular about it, almost to the point of it being a bit ridiculous, but I found it extremely cute.

I began pouring the tea, fixing the drinks the way that Wanda and I both like ours. She liked her herbal teas with two sugar packets exactly. I much preferred my black teas with just the right amount of cream and sugar.

After letting the tea steep for a few minutes, I mixed up Wanda's first. After stirring in her two sugar packets, I carefully picked up her cup and began carrying it to my girlfriend.