Doodles and Fire - Wanda Maximoff

Warnings: None, just pure Wanda fluff

It had been a boring day full of mission reports and meetings. Tony and Steve had the bright idea of updating and changing mission protocols, which led to long conversations with everyone and me zoning out.

Wanda noticed me zoning out early on and passed me her paper notes and pen to let me doodle on, since I take meeting notes on my laptop. Since we've been dating for about nine months, she can tell when I get bored and need something to entertain myself with. Even if I'm doing something else, I can still listen to Steve talk about his ideas for new protocols. I'm the kind of person who needs to be doing something while listening to actually focus. If I just sit there, everything will go in one ear and out the other.

I drew a tic-tac-toe game and made the first move, then passed the pen to Wanda. She smiled slightly at my antics and countered the move. We played several rounds of this. I won most of them, stirring up Wanda's competitive spirit.

Natasha cleared her throat at us when we started getting carried away, warning the two of us to pay attention. This meeting would probably be considered important, but my attention span had already expired.

I began to doodle little drawings of the Avengers, which were all seated around the table in the meeting room. I drew a cartoon of Steve talking a lot, of Clint who was passed out in his chair next to a bored looking Natasha, and of Tony running around on fire with a very done looking Vision and Rhodey just staring at him.

When the meeting ended and Steve said we could leave, Natasha elbowed Clint awake, who almost fell out of his chair, claiming very loudly that he had been awake this whole time. As the other Avengers began to file out of the meeting room, Wanda noticed her notes now covered in the doodles and began to crack up at them. I just smiled at her as she looked at the drawings.

Her light laughter caught the attention of Steve and Tony. They both came over to the two of us.

"What are you two laughing at?" Tony asks, a small smile already growing on his face.

"Y/n's doodles from the meeting." Wanda said between small giggles as she held up the paper for the two guys to look at.

Tony took one look at them and began laughing, slapping the captain's back.

"That one of Steve is very accurate." Tony took one look at Steve's serious face and began laughing harder.

"Yeah, so is the one of you on fire." Steve cracked a light smile as the two guys turned to leave, leaving just me and Wanda as the last ones in the room.

"So," I started, closing my laptop and standing up, "What do you wanna do for the rest of the day?"

"I kind of just want to relax. It's been a long day and it's freezing outside." Wanda collected her papers and notes and joined my side as we began walking.

It definitely was freezing outside since it was the middle of winter in upstate New York. Plus, relaxing with Wanda sounded honestly like the best idea I've ever heard.

"Sounds like a plan." I smiled at her as we both made our way to the elevator.

Eventually we made it to our floor and shared bedroom. I put away my laptop at my desk and began looking for some comfy clothes to change into. Settling on a random pair of sweatpants and a sweatshirt that I had swiped from Wanda at some point, I shuffled into the bathroom and changed, throwing my dirty clothes into the hamper. I came back into the bedroom and saw Wanda, who had already changed into similar attire, pinning the page of notes with my doodles to her bulletin board.

"You're pinning it up?" I asked with a sheepish smile, walking over to her and intertwining my hand with one of her's.

"Of course. You drew it and it reminds me of you." Wanda turned to look at me and smiled, scrunching up her nose in the cute way that she does.

I could feel my face heat up when her eyes landed on me. She just giggled, knowing that I have no idea how to take compliments.

"Let's go sit in front of the fireplace." Wanda suggested, half dragging me by our intertwined hands.

I just laughed at her excited nature, swiping my sketchbook and pencil off my desk before being pulled out of the bedroom by a very excited Wanda.

We made our way back to the elevator and to the living room. On most days during the winter, Tony had the fireplace lit to either add ambiance or heat. There were a few times when one of the boys would accidentally almost catch fire, bringing about a stern lecture from Natasha. It was usually just Clint and Tony messing around.

When we entered the living room, the fireplace was on and crackling. Surprisingly, no one was in the room, which was rare considering the number of people that now live in the compound. Everyone must be off, doing their own thing.

Wanda and I made our way over to the couches that were positioned in front of the fireplace. We sat down and got comfortable, with Wanda snuggling up into my side and wrapping a blanket around the both of us. I let out a happy sigh, smiling as I opened my sketchbook and began to draw.

I could feel Wanda's eyes on me as I moved the pencil in my hands, warming up my artistic muscles in both my arm and mind. Normally I wouldn't like it if someone were to watch me draw, but Wanda was an exception to that dislike. I always felt like anyone else would judge my work, but Wanda would always find the beauty in what I create, even if it's in a piece that I don't like. She never put me down or made fun of me for my love of art and drawing, and it made me comfortable to practice it around her.

It was little moments like these that I really treasured, the times where we didn't have anything pressing or extremely important to take care of, where we could just take a moment and be alone and enjoy each other's company. Small moments like these were rare considering how chaotic the life of an Avenger is, always on the go, moving from mission to mission with only a few days to rest.

As the time went on, the sun outside the window began to set and the sky grew dark. The living room light also faded as the sun went down, until it was solely illuminated by the fire in front of us. I could feel Wanda slowly drift off to sleep as her body grew more and more relaxed as it was cuddled into me. Then her light snoring filled the air, joining the chorus of crackling from the fireplace. After filling several pages in my sketchbook with random drawings of faces or more doodles of the other Avengers, I closed the book and slid down slightly in my seat on the couch, holding on tighter to Wanda. A content smile slowly crept onto my face as I allowed myself to give into my tiredness, enjoying the comfort from the warm fire in front of us, and my girlfriend curled right next to me. Soon, I fell asleep, currently happy with life.