Just Being Yourself - Natasha Romanoff

What's up bitches, guess who's back!!!

I'm taking a break from my other book and coming back here for a little while. I just needed a change of pace and I honestly miss writing these!!! 

Anyways, have this.

Warnings: mentions of depression and gender dysphoria

While I was away on hiatus, I figured out my own gender identity and came to the conclusion that I'm non-binary. I wrote this like the day after I came out to my friend, who I may or may not have a crush on. Like always, I like writing from what inspires me in real life. 

If you don't relate to this, I'm sorry. I wrote this for my own shits and giggles.

_________

Hi, my name is Sage, and I'm an Avenger. Well, really I'm the newest addition. As for my name, I chose it myself, since I'm non-binary, but the team doesn't know that.

Anyways, I'm an inhuman, meaning I'm a descendant of a Kree science experiment, so part of my DNA is actually alien. It was honestly quite a shock to everyone when I went through terrigenesis. That's the bio-morphic event where my Kree DNA activates, basically pushing tens of thousands of years of evolution through my body in a matter of seconds. That whole process was a bit messy when I was exposed to terrigen, the crystalline material that triggers terrigenesis. Well, the messy part was really me trying to figure out my powers. I can manipulate glass, like shape glass around me or create new shards of glass from the world around me.

That's not what this story is about though. I tend to get distracted and ramble a bit.

I was introduced to the Avengers after going through terrigenesis while I was on mission for Shield. I had trained for a bit with a few agents, like Agents Johnson and May. They helped me get a handle on my powers, but Fury decided to move me to the Avengers, thinking that team would be a better fit for me than Coulson's team. Not sure why though, I liked Coulson and his people, except Ward. He always gave me the creeps, snooping around in everyone's business.

Sorry, I'm rambling again.

When I first met the team, I had to learn about all their protocols and procedures for field work, which for some reason was completely different then how Shield and Coulson's team would have done things. Maybe it was just because Captain America was the man in charge, he had an old fashioned way of dealing with things I guess.

After a few months of nonstop training with Steve, Clint, and Natasha, some sessions regarding my mission suit with Tony and Bruce, and several shared pop tarts with Thor, I started going on missions with the team. But because I was still technically in training, they had me shadow Natasha through the first dozen missions.

Because I spent so much time with Natasha, I really got to see two different sides of her. There was her serious side, the part of her that comes out during missions and training, the part of her that wants to get the job done and done right. But then there was her soft side, the side of her that comes out when there's nothing to do, no missions to run and training has been done for the day. I like to tease her about it, calling it her "golden retriever side" because she can get all cute and fluffy. I ended up in a headlock for that comment, but I don't regret saying it.

We became quick friends actually, much to the team's surprise. According to Clint and Steve, Nat wasn't one to make friends. I guessed it was something about her past, which I knew bits and pieces of after being an agent of Shield for several years. Everyone's heard rumors about the infamous Black Widow that Fury had in his arsenal. She was the one who Fury would send on missions that seemed damn near impossible to succeed in. They were usually no contact with no extraction plan, but Natasha always found a way back. But that was before the Avengers.