Stomach Bug - Yelena Belova

Happy New Year everyone! I know I'm a bit late but still, it should be said. I hope this year is kind to everyone, even if it starts off a little bit bumpy.

I have been so sick for the past while. I'm not sure what I had but it sucked. I'm still not feeling 100% but I wanted to write something for you all. 

Warnings: being sick and throwing up

____________

I knew the moment I went to sleep last night that I was going to wake up sick the next morning. I had been feeling off all day yesterday with my head being all fucked up and my stomach being even more fucked up. But it didn't come to a head until this morning when I woke up with a pounding headache, body aches, and a nauseated feeling that seemed to grow a temper every time I was either standing up or just sitting up in bed.

It sucked, because no one likes to be sick, and I had to call Wanda and tell her that I wouldn't be coming into the compound today. To top it all off, Yelena wasn't home and wouldn't be home until later this afternoon. She was off on some mission, but had only been gone for about two days. She was scheduled to come back this morning, but wouldn't be able to come back to our apartment until this afternoon thanks to all the debriefs that Steve and Fury required.

Thing was, I hadn't told Yelena that I was sick. Sure, I couldn't have told her while she was on mission since it was strictly no contact, but when she texted me this morning that she had made it back to the compound, I decided not to say anything. While I found mission debriefs just as tedious as Yelena, I knew they were an important part of being an Avenger. I didn't want to interrupt protocol because it would likely send Steve into a hissy fit. Plus, I didn't want to worry Yelena. I knew she would be tired from her mission, even if it was a short one. I just wanted to rest for what remaining hours I had left before she came home so I could be well enough to look after her. It was our routine whenever one of us would come home back from missions, the one who stayed home would help take care of the one who had been off saving the world because of course they would be tired and sore and just want to sleep.

Morning light was seeping in through the open curtains and was making my head hurt to an asinine degree. Every fiber of my being wanted to get up and close the curtains so I could rest in the dark and in peace, but my stomach didn't want peace. It had strictly chosen violence this morning. But after about ten minutes of just laying there, trying to make due with the situation, I just couldn't take it anymore.

Slowly, I threw the bed covers off and sat up, taking a moment to try and let my body adjust to the vertical position. It felt like my head was going to explode and I could slowly feel bile rising in my throat. Against my body's protests, I stood up and closed the curtains, the pressure in my head relieving a bit.

I settled back down in bed with a deep sigh. I hadn't thrown up and now the painful light was gone. Mission accomplished.

Getting comfortable in bed, I closed my eyes, deciding a bit of sleep could do me some good before Yelena came home.

Although, I guess in hindsight I miss judged just how sick and tired I was. I slept for hours, well into the afternoon, and didn't wake up until a certain blonde was shaking me awake with a wide smile on her face.

"'Lena!" I cheered a bit of a hoarse voice, instantly pulling her into me for a tight hug.

"I missed you." she mumbled, her face stuffed into the crook of my neck.

"I missed you more." I sighed, happy to have Yelena in my arms again. She might not have been gone for very long, but still, it felt like forever since I had last seen her.