A deep breath...of water - Yelena Belova

Warnings: drowning and a few mentions of panic

I could have made this a whole lot more angsty, but I chose to make it fluffy because I'm a sucker for fluff

__________

In hindsight, I never thought not knowing how to swim would come back to bite me in the ass. But it did anyway, and I would pay for my past decisions.

It had been a little while since Yelena and Natasha had been reunited, and the three of us were currently driving down to the beach. The two sisters wanted to spend some time together to try and make up for lost time, and I was being brought along by Yelena. Originally, I wanted to let Nat and Yelena go on their own so they could spend time together, but Yelena wanted me to come, claiming me to be an honorary member of their tiny family. It was a nice gesture, my girlfriend calling me a part of her family.

"What's my exit again?" Nat asked from the driver's seat, watching the upcoming sign of exits approach.

"Ironically, Beach Street." Yelena snorted, turning to look at the sand and the ocean with an excited gaze. I could be wrong, but I think this was the first time that Yelena had been to the beach since she was freed from the Red Room.

Natasha took the exit and eventually found a place to park. We all clamored out and began to grab our stuff. Nat found us all a good spot to set up, close to the water and far away from everyone else, giving us some space between everyone. While Nat and I were spreading out our towels and stuff, Yelena was acting like an over excited puppy, rearing to get in the water and mess around. She had already taken off her shirt and pants, revealing a bright blue two piece.

"Lena, come 'ere. You need sunscreen." I pulled out the tube of sunscreen and waved it in her general direction. Yelena just let out a dramatic sigh in response.

"Listen to them. I don't want to listen to you complain about your sunburns tomorrow." Natasha deadpanned, raising an eyebrow at her little sister.

"Ugh, you're such a mom." Yelena grunted, trudging over with a frown, that was very cute might I add.

"You love us anyways." I smirked, squeezing a generous amount of sunscreen into the palm of my hand.

I began smearing it across her shoulders and rubbing it in, making sure to get under the straps of her bathing suit. I took some more and began rubbing her lower back, turning her around and began rubbing her stomach. Yelena grew a kind of drunken-like smile as her eyes closed halfway. She seemed to be enjoying this. However, me being the little shit that I am, I decided to mess with her.

I took some more sunscreen in my hands and smeared it across her face.

"Hey!" she whined, backing away a little. Nat and I burst out laughing, and started laughing harder at Yelena's little pout.

"I'm sorry, baby. I couldn't resist." I giggled, helping her rub in the excess that was all over her face.

"Uh huh." she smirked, jabbing her fingers in my sides as she tried to tickle me.

This caused the two of us to begin ticking the other, tackling each other to the ground. Yelena had me pinned in a matter of seconds, trapping me in the sand while ruthlessly tickling my sides.

"Ok, you two. Save it for the bedroom." Natasha joked, tying her hair back into a braid.

Yelena just huffed at her sister, but got off of me anyway. She helped me up before planting a kiss on my cheek.

After Yelena helped me put sunscreen on myself and helped Nat, we finished setting everything up and shed our clothes, leaving ourselves in our bathing suites. About fifteen minutes later I was being dragged towards the waterline by my girlfriend. Once we were about ankle deep, she let go of my hand and ran into the deeper end of the water. Nat was hot on her heels and dove into the deep end with her little sister. I however, just stayed in the ankle deep water, watching the two dive under a wave and pop back up laughing.