SIX

Previously on her silence.....

"Did I mention that this test makes up fifty percentage of your grade this term?"

"What news?"

"This school is going to be shut down because of financial issues."

He never went on any stupid business trip,guy has been running away!

"How can a big school like this have mismanaged funds,after all my parents spent. It is simply astonishing!"

"Okay kids enough with the sentiments your time starts now!"

I said it that my village people are very effective but no body believed me.

*****************************

Dennis

"What you did Dylan yesterday night was inexcusable. You could have died"Collins scolds.

Collins is standing next to Dylan gripping his shirt. He is shorter than Dylan but he isn't intimidated.

"I'm sorry..I swear I didn't know I had that much to drink"Dylan replies full of remorse.

Collins grips his shirt even tighter and glares at him before pushing him away.

"Sorry doesn't cut it. You're lucky I wasn't around, if I was Dennis I would have given you the beating of a lifetime and made sure you slept out in the gutters"

"I'm sorry"Dylan quivers.

"What's going on?!"Jed asks joining the trio.

Jedidiah loves eating food. His shirt filled with crumbs of the hamburger he is shamelessly devouring.

"You're not supposed to eat that."I chastise.

"Yeah because I might be expelled"he scoffs.

"Why do I keep hearing that repeatedly?"Dylan groans and we exchange looks.

"you didn't tell him?" Collins glares at me.

"you were supposed to tell him"I stare at Jed.

"I told YOU to tell him"Jed says to Collins and he sighs.

"What's going on?"Dylan asks wary.

"Well the thing is that it's survival of the fittest. Somehow our principal got herself involved in some deals with the owner of a girls only school. The school is shutting down anyway. She agreed to take 50 percentage of the girls on her own terms ."Collins explains.

"She can't do that can she? This is a boy's only school? How would she manage such population?"Dylan screams.

I look around to see if anyone is watching. Four of us are strolling in the school garden filled with green plants and yellow flowers. I am tempted to yank at one of the flowers and It falls down. I nod satisfied.

"Dylan she can do basically anything she wants, she owns this school. The population will be too much at at her own end since she also has to provide hostels for the girls, so she's also going to let 50 percentage of the boy's go and then she'll rename the school"I explain.

"50 percentage!"

"That fifty percentage could be anyone. It could be me. It could be you. I can't believe she's letting some boys go just so she could allow some bunch of fairy tale princesses live here!"Dylan growls backing against the Lemon sorrel.

"Not all girls are like that"I laugh.

"If you ask me I think it's the after effects of being drunk"Jed grins his left eyebrow rising mischievously.

"Ha ha very funny"Dylan retorts.

"Seems like someone is pretty overwhelmed"a voice says.

"Christ! Where did you come from! Don't give me an heart attack"I say.

"Sorry but you know I like to make quite an entrance"Wisdom smiles.

"What a way to make an appearance!"

"Is the reduction going to be based on grades? am I going to share my hostel with some bunch of noisy girls?" Dylan goes on and we sigh.

"We don't know how she's planning to reduce the population and yes we might share the hostel with girls. Though the possibilities of that happening is well zero.It's not a bad idea if you ask me"Jed winks.

"Disgusting don't ever wink again."

"What principles what morals is she trying to uphold for a boy's only school? She's going to throw everything she has worked for all these years and change the name of this school? What happened to integrity?""Dylan screams pacing up and down.

"I really think you should be a motivational speaker, people would love to hear you ask Rhetorical questions"Wisdom teases.

"why are you so worked up about it?"Collins asks.

"Why?"

"Because I have spent basically half of my life in this school and I'm not going to let some underserved bunch of noisy girls come here and reap where they did not sow"Dylan replies.

Wisdom is trying hard to stiffle his laughter, Collins has a bored expression and Jed is probably thinking about food.

Dylan has a different expression on his face. Fury crossed his grey eyes and for a moment I felt I imagined it. There is something else In his eyes I can't quite decipher.

Why is so he worked up for something so trivial? Dylan dusts the imaginary dirt in his shirt and clears his throat.

"The decision has already been made. There's nothing you can do about it"I say and we are walking back to the hostel.

Jed brings out another hamburger from his pocket and gobbles it down.

"How you are still slim is one of the greatest mysteries in the world"Collins grimaces.

"There is."Dylan says stubbornly.

The fury was gone from his eyes and something replaced it. Helplessness?

"Are you okay" I wisper softly so only him can hear.

"Yeah I'm fine."he forces a smile on his face.

"That's fake."

"If you want to make a change you have to survive this and your grades...well they've been pretty in the mud."

"That's no problem Jed" Dylan says and a wicked grin crosses his face.

"I'm going to pick up a book and read and when those girls come here, I am going to make life very miserable for them."

********
That's the end of chapter six....

Why do you think Dylan is worked up for something so trivial?

Don't forget to hit that cute star!!

Chapter song: Breathe me by sia

It was a long wait but I finally got me some fuel. Till we meet again..

Adios!