Twenty one

Previously on her silence.......

"Okay. Since you don't want to tell me the reason. I'm Dennis"he said stretching out his hand.

I nodded nervously.

"You are?"he asked.

"Darla"I said returning the handshake and I felt an electric jolt that made me withdraw my hand.

He tapped on the elevator singing.

I stared at his sleeves and shrugged.

"What a fool"I thought.

"What a handsome fool!"

******************
Unknown p.o.v

"Target seen...

Target in good condition"

I crumpled the letter. That was all it said.  It was time......

"This is it Malcolm. Sweet Revenge." I chuckled.

"It's about time. So are we going to kidnap her then kill her? Make her death a quick one? Make the whole building go up in pieces? Gorge out her eyes one by one?" He asked.

"Kidnap her? Do you want us to be caught? Do you want to spend the rest of your life in jail? We are going to be very snappy and wait for the right time. You are not going to do anything ....drastic without asking me first. It is going to be a slow and painful death. After all the patient dog gets the fattest bone." I snapped in racous laughter.

Staring at the picture beside me I wiped a stray tear,

"This is it baby. I'm going to get you revenge. I'm going to get you everything you deserved. I am going to kill her.. I am going to......"

"Boss!" A figure stumbled into the room. It was almost impossible to tell who but from the outline of his lips, I could tell who was who.

He stuttered, "there's been a situation."

"Situation?" I yelled removing the smoke pipe in my mouth.

"There's....there's...."

Staring at Malcom I snapped, "you either tell this wretch to speak up or I'd make him regret the god-damned day he was ever born."

"She's escaped......"

"Escaped? Enlighten me?"I crossed my legs and inhaled the smoke.

"A...A girl...she was in the dark room. She some how found the ....coded messages. I heard a crash. By the time I got there she was gone."

I smiled. These fucking amatures. You want something done right, do it yourself.

"How..did the messages get into the dark room? They're supposed to be gotten rid of ." Malcom snapped.

"I.. Buttercup rang the bell. We had to go. I didn't have time so I shoved them in.....

"Malcom tell this piece of shit." I paused removing the dirt in my finger.

"That if she's not found within the next 48 hours ........You know what happened to the others."

He nodded and scrambled out the room.

Like I said, if you want something done  do it yourself......

*************************
Chapter song: Bad guy by Billie Eilish