Twenty two

Previously on her silence....

"Malcom tell this piece of shit." I paused removing the dirt in my finger.

"That if she's not found within the next 48 hours ........You know what happened to the others."

He nodded and scrambled out the room.

Like I said, if you want something done do it yourself.

*****************************
Mrs Williams

"Who the hell do they think they are? First floor! I'll be dead before I'm fifty"I grumbled.

"Rosa is there any problem?"a voice asked and I turned abruptly.

"Yes Ambrose there is. I don't really understand how this school operates. They moved the classes to a 10 storey building and I'm supposed to teach the first four floors. I'm supposed to teach girls"I groaned.

"Rosa, there's an elevator"Ambrose smiled.

   At age forty, Ambrose was a short man. He was "almost fair" and he seemed in a habit to always wear a long tie and to hold a cane.

"You seem prepared for your students today" i laughed.

"You know me Rosa"

"What are you doing here by the way? You're not a late comer like me"I said.

"I'm just arriving Rosa"he said softly.

"I've told you a lot of times not to call be Rosa. It's Mrs Williams."

"Why Rosa? You want me to call you love or dear?"He asked.

"Ambrose I thought maybe this holiday would give you some time to think. I'm married now married and if you want to address me. You address me the way everyone does. Mrs Williams. Am I understood?"I asked firmly.

"Oh Rosa you know that even if the Stars fall from the sky and the sun says goodbye I will be loving you"He replied.

Scum

"Rosa"he said

"Listen to me. It's not too..."

Then we heard it....

"Someone just screamed"I scanned the area.

"I think it was coming from this way.."

"Yes"Ambrose said right behind me holding his cane.

I peeped from behind the bushes and I saw a girl sprawled on the ground.

"Who's there?"Ambrose screamed in a loud voice.

Vera

Have you ever felt a feeling of disgust? When like a stubborn fly that adamnatly follows a corpse to the grave, someone simply refuses to detach themselves from you. When you turn in affirmation, you see the same soul looming behind and you manage to roll your  eyes.

" Quit following me!"I groaned for the thirteenth time.

  "Who's following you? I'm trying to find my way"He returned coldy.

    "It's good we are going to the same direction...you don't know this but the school has snakes"was that a mischievous grin?

    I stared at him, horrified.

    "Oh I forgot to introduce myself I'm Dylan"he said stretching out his palm.

   I stared disgusted. "Dylan go away!"

    He chuckled softly and stared at some buildings ahead.

    "This has got to be it. We've walked for 16 minutes now."

    "Do you have a wristwatch how do you know the time?"I stopped. If my heart had been removed from it's ribcage it would have been easier to explain my unsteady breathing.

    He looked at me as if I was crazy. His mouth half open

    "Can't you tell the time from looking at the Sun?"He asked.

    "Be serious."

    "You can't? Then what the hell have you been learning in your school?" His voice was more than a whisper.

    "Um let me think" I said tapping my chin.

    "How to give people personal spaces.  How to grip people without getting them injured. How to punch bastards that lock them in a room"I said.

    "Wouldn't want to be the bastard"he laughed and I glared.

    "Easy Barbie doll!"he grinned.

    "Don't call me that! I have a name"I screamed.

    "You didn't tell me"he shrugged.

    I walked ahead of him when I felt something crawling on my skin.

  "Snake!"

    I lost my footing and I fell. Then I saw the grass ....

    "Who's there?"I heard a male snap.

     "That's Ambrose we're Dead"Dylan said and I looked up.

    I saw a short man staring at me, beside him was a lady. At that moment the entire planet stopped dead in it's track. Was I looking at my reflection or was this just some obsession?

    I got up still staring.

    "Who are you?"  Ambrose asked.

    Ignoring him I stared at the lady she was also staring at me.

    "Is that you?"I asked. Moment of denial, suspense or truth?

 Fifteen seconds of silence, forced the forbidding words out of my mouth,

    "Mom!"

***********"**************
Mom ke, it's like vera have hit her head.

Chapter song: Crazy Tings by Tems