Damned If I Do Ya

Alex's POV:

*

I woke up without her beside me. I was terrified, yet so excited. This day was the beginning of something extrodinary.

"Babe!" I called for her.

"Dammit! I was making you breakfast in bed!" She replied.

I suddenly smelt everything. The sheets that smelt like her, my own morning breath, and the quiche she was making. I knew it was quiche because I had smelt it (and tasted it) a million times. I slumped up and waltzed into the kitchen, where she stood in nothing but a jersey of mine. I couldn't complain.

She turned around. "Somebody's happy to see me."

I looked down at my naked body. Yes, I was absolutely throbbing, but seeing her was more important. Plus there's always the chance that she'll blow me. "Apparently I am. Whatcha makin'?" I hugged her from behind.

She turned around in my arms. "Quiche. I figured we should have something with plenty of protein to satisfy ourselves. How did you sleep?" She looked up at me with intimate eyes. I guess we were just trying to calm ourselves.

"I slept amazingly. I can't exactly complain when I sleep next to you." I smiled down at her.

"Breakfast is nearly done. Why don't you go sit down. I wanna pamper you." She asked.

I wandered to the table and sat. "I love the sunflower." I looked at her centerpiece.

"I do too. Coffee?" She asked.

"Since when is that answer a no?" I laughed.

"It's a no for me today. I'll drink too much and get anxious." She dismissed. "As if I'm not already. What if you hate my dress?"

"I couldn't hate you in anything." I dismissed.

She waltzed to the table with a mug filled with coffee and a tray with sugar and cream. The oven dinged. "Oh this is gonna be so good."

I grabbed her hand before she could walk away. "Aren't you forgettting something?"

"I'll be back in a second." She smiled, heading away again.

She cut the quiche and set a piece on each plate before bringing them over with forks. She set one in her place and one in mine before sitting on my lap and pressing her lips lightly into mine. "That morning kiss. Do I get another?" I begged.

She kissed me once more before sitting in her seat. She took a bite of her quiche. "Oh, fuck, that's good."

I took a bite myself. My mouth was filled with perfection. The fluffy eggs, the crispy crust, and even the soft spices exploded. I fell in love again. "God I am so lucky to marry you."

"And I'm lucky to marry somebody who likes my cooking."

"Loves." I corrected.

_________________________________________________

I stood in front of a mirror, trying to figure out how to get my bow tie tied. I couldn't ask her because I wasn't supposed to see her yet. Not only did I not know how to do this, but my hands were shaking too much. 

"Alex?" Rian asked.

"Hm, what?" I was shaken out of my thought.

"Lemme get this for you." He began to tie it. "It's so interesting to see you finally tie the knot. You've both had this beautiful, complex story, and now you're finally settling down together. It's amazing."

"I just, I'm so overwhlemed. This is insane." I sat and tried to breath.

All of the sudden, Mark walked in. "Alex, I had to come check on you. How are you?"