Shameless

Marina's POV:

I was pulling into the driveway, a happy Alex in the passenger's seat of his black SUV. "You're gonna love what I made you for dinner, Alley Cat."

"What, Big Butt?" He paused. "Big Butt. Haven't said that since before you left. But, damn, does it feel nice."

I walked up with him into the house. "Don't I know it. Baz what a literal hot mess."

"Probably because you were." He laughed.

"I was actually alright. Just knowing that you were safe was a complete relief." I went to the oven to remove my beautiful creation from the heat it was roasting in.

He plopped on the couch. "Marina, can I just, like, ask your opinion on something?"

"Of course." I replied.

He took an exhale. "I kinda don't know what to do. I don't know whether I should tell the fans or not, or how I should tell the guys. What do you think?"

It took me by suprise. "Well, Alex, Jack already told Rian and Zack. And Zack obviously told Emily. But otherwise, everyone else has just wondered where you went. If the phone rang, I never answered unless it was them." I replied, which wasn't exactly truthful. Lisa called for me, and I just told her Alex was sick and that he was in the hospital. But that was my only lie.

"Who called? Not my parents, right?" He asked nervously.

I shook my head. "Nope. Only a few friends from other bands and such. But they have no idea."

He sat at the counter. "That smells amazing, babe."

"Thank you. It kept me pretty distracted."

"What did Rian and Zack and Em say?" He asked.

I paused. How should I explain this? Zack first. "Zack was very shocked. But he and Em knew you'd pull through." I wanted to tell him bluntly that Emily rushed over as soon as Zack told her and helped me function for the next few days. But I didn't want to hurt his feelings. It wasn't his fault I panicked.

"What about Rian?" He asked.

Now him, there was no lying about. "He's, uh, he's up here now."

"What do you mean?"

"He drove up from Nashville the second he heard."

Alex propped his arm on the counter, covering his mouth with it, contemplatively. "He flip out?"

I nodded. "Yeah." I whispered. "He kinda said he wanted to see you the second you got out, but I figured you didn't want to think about it."

He exhaled. We ate dinner very quickly, not talking much. I became very nervous. He just got back, and he was about to shut me out again. But I couldn't bring it up; I didn't want to upset him.

I stood up to take care of the dishes when he finally spoke up. "Marina, call Rian."

"What?" I asked, suprised.

"I need to talk to him." He quietly added, scratching the back of his neck.

I exhaled. "Okay."

I reached for my phone, dialled, and heard it ring.

"Hello?" He asked.

"He's home." I replied, lifelessly.

He did a shocked breath. "I'll be right over."

At that, he hung up. I set my phone on the counter, and sat beside Alex. I set my hand on his. "Hey, I'm gonna be right here the whole time."

He looked at me. "Marina, I'm scared." His voice cracked.

I wanted to break into tears, but I knew it was my turn to be the rock. To see him hurt really, really hurt me. I held onto his hand a little tighter. "I know, baby, I know. But it's okay. Everything's gonna be okay."

He slowly wrapped his arms around me, so that I could wrap mine around him. Over him. I held him very tightly, refusing to let go. He didn't cry, but he fought it. Dry throat, no tears. We stayed like this for a moment, but snapped out of it when we heard something. 

Knock, Knock, Knock.

Three simple, hesitant knocks on our front door. No chirpy doorbell. No excited pounding against the door. Just some knocks.

I clenched my jaw. I stood, opening the door. Rian stood in front of me, shaking. Okay. I can do this.

"Rian, you have to be easy on him." I begged. "He meant no harm."

"That's the most fucking ridiculous thing I've ever heard come out of your mouth." He snarled at me. "Marina, I am going to be as nice as possible, but I'm fucking pissed. And how are you not?"

I started to go into panic mode.Tears swelled up. I couldn't breath. "Beca-cause, he did- he didn't want t-to die. He was j-just scared, R-rian. Ple-please don't h-hurt h-him!" I begged. "P-please don't h-hurt h-him!"

"Marina, it's all gonna be okay. But you need to let me talk to him. Alone." He said.

I nodded, as though I was selling my soul. This was not what I wanted it to be. Alex wasn't ready to face the world, and especially not alone. 

Rian entered the room. I left, heading into the guest room, giving Alex a quick glance. He gulped.

I heard Rian begin, his voice soft. But anything but nuturing. It was disappointed, sad. Scared. Upset. Every depressed emotion slammed into one, monotone voice. I thought he would be pissed. I thought he would be so angry that he'd slap Alex across the face. But he wasn't. Maybe it was because he saw how weakened Alex was by it. He saw those dreary eyes, just begging to be forced out of his skull. Alex didn't want to see anymore. He didn't want to feel. He was drained of everything he once was, and I was forcing all his pieces back into place. Maybe it was because I was the only person who knew where they went. Maybe it was because no one else would. But I swore to myself that I'd never give up. No matter how much it possibly hurt. He was everything.

*

So, you would not believe the weekend I had. Let's just say your smut it about to get a little bit more detailed. Anyway, Colbraaaa told me that she would like me to a q&a session. I'm going to write characters names, and you should do an inline comment on that characters name, asking them a question. I will reply in the next coming chapter.

Alex

Marina

Zack

Emily

Jack

Lisa

Colby

Kianna

Tony 

Rian

Cassadee

Luke

Mikey 

Calum

Ashton

Me (the author)

And most requested...

Jenna!

I know I owe you guys so much more than this. You've given me so much, and I've hardly given back. I'd really like to sometime organize some sort of charity work through you guys. Like, for every vote I get, I donate X amount of dollars to a suicide prevention organization, or some other preventative organization for a recurring theme in the story. I feel like I've really gained a following recently and would very much enjoy using that as a motivational source for a greater cause. Tell me what you think! -LoryXD