I Can't Do The One-Two Step

Marina's POV:

I woke with a start. I dreamt I was falling. As I sat up, I started to remember everything. I had been chasing Alex. He had been running on the top of a building, and he jumped. I followed. Right now, I was scared. He wasn't here. I looked out the windows. At least the sun was up to save me. I curled in a ball. Oh, Marina, don't cry.

I heard the sound of the shower running. I wiped my face and smiled. It was him. It was definitely him. I popped up, rushing to the bathroom. I had never been so scared of being alone. I opened the door, walking in. He was standing behind the glass door to our master suite shower. He was facing the wall, stepped away from the shower head, massaging soap bubbles into his scalp. He turned to rinse, running his fingers through his sopping hair. 

His body was brilliant. There was the tan line of his shorts, making his tight, little ass pale. The rest of him was lightly browned. All over his body was wet hair. I loved each and every one. He glanced over at me. "Morning, sunshine."

I leaned on the wall, watching him take his irish spring soap, and rub it over his body. It created suds. I noticed how strong he was. His arms tensing in all the right places. His hairy, beefy legs that supported the rest of him. His divine abs, with just enough definition. He turned to face the wall again. His back might've been the best part. It was muscular and broad, but shaped like a triangle, just the way it always should have been. 

I moved closer, opening the glass door and stepping inside. I was still fully dressed in a t-shirt and sweatpants.

He started rinsing off. "What are you doing?"

I remained silent. He faced the shower head to rinse his front side. I hugged him from behind, holding him. My fingers massaged through his thick chest hair.

"Baby, you're gonna get wet." He stifled a laugh.

"I don't care." I replied, my voice cracking. I didn't want to cry, but I had to.

"What's wrong?" He asked, turning off the water and turning around.

I still had my arms around him. "I had a nightmare."

He put his soaked arms around me. "Hey, it's fine now. You're awake. You're gonna be fine."

I couldn't say anything. I just pressed my head to his chest, listening to the sweet sound of his heartbeat. It never got old. I cried a little. I must've sounded like a two year old, but I was so relieved to have him that apathy washed over me.

"Hey, honey, I'd love to help you out, but I have to get dressed first. Do you mind?" He asked.

I took a step out of the shower and wiped my eyes. I was gonna be fine. He tossed on a shirt and jeans carelessly. Before he could even put on socks, I stood to hold him again.

"Baby, you're getting me wet." He whined.

I felt more tears rush over me. "I really don't care. I'm never letting go."

He paused, then started to walk to the bedroom. I wouldn't budge. "You're being completely serious, aren't you?"

I nodded.

He sat on the edge of the bed. He held me so I'd sit on his lap. I put my head in the nook of his neck. I was soaking his shirt with the salty water from my eyes. He was rubbing my back. "Tell me everything."

I began to stutter. "I dreamt that I was chasing after you in a crowded city, all the way to the top of a building, and you jumped. I had to follow. I jumped too. But I never knew what pained you enough to jump." I cried a little harder. "I'm so sorry! I'm so sorry that I ever pick fights with you and hurt your feelings and upset you in any way!"