We Say Summer

I advise you to read this chapter very carefully, and soak it in. Otherwise, you might miss it.

*

Marina's POV:

I woke up to the beautiful sound of Alex's heartbeat. It seemed to be the backdrop of all my dreams. Last night's was particularly eccentric. I dreamt I was pregnant, very pregnant, and still doing all the things I normally did, but pregnantly. My stomach kept getting bigger and bigger. I could feel the weight being carried on my back. I could hear the baby's heartbeat.

A normal person would probably freak out and go get a pregnancy test, but I knew that pregnancy in dreams symbolized the growth and birth of a new idea. Seeing as the dream was so prosperous, I knew that today would be a wonderful day. Besides that, we had arrived in Baltimore this morning, and I couldn't wait to get home and see Sebastian and Circles. 

I pressed my lips to Alex's, waking him up. "Morning, Sunshine." He said, groaning a bit, but smiling.

"Morning baby. How'd you sleep?"

"Amazing, you?"

"Wonderfully." I pecked his lips again. He had been so protective and sweet in my dream last night. "What do you want for breakfast?"

"We should go to the catering tent. They have a breakfast buffett today." He stated.

"That sounds awesome." I popped out of the bunk.

He followed suit, finding a clean GK shirt and standard jean shorts. I passed him a belt, then found a GK crop top for myself. I paired it with white, destroyed jeans, and a woven belt. What shoes should I go with? Probably my grey vans. I slipped them on over my black athletic socks. I only wore athletics.

"Alex, do you think I should wear my aviators or hipsters?" I showed him the two pairs of sunglasses. 

"Aviators. They give that so-cal vibe that the shirt supplies." He answered.

"Since when did you become such a fashionista?" I laughed.

"Since you started saving The Fabulist to my DVR." He mocked.

"Oh, shut up." I shoved him.

"No, you shut up." he playfully shoved back.

"You shut up." I shoved again.

"You shut up." He smirked, shoving so hard that I lost my balance and fell over.

"Meanie." I mumbled, giggling.

We trotted out to the open, fresh air of Baltimore. God, I loved it here. I heard an odd sound on the tar, however. Or moreso, the lack of sound. The lack of shoes. "Alex, are you barefoot?"

"Maybe."

I looked down at his bare feet. He had a bandaid on one. "Christ, baby, you're gonna get some sort of fungal disease now."

"I ran out of socks, okay?" He said in his overly dramatic silly voice.

"Don't you have flip flops?"

"They broke."

I put an arm around him. "You're just falling apart, aren't you, Alley Cat?"

"I actually like being barefoot. It makes me feel like a hippie."

"More like a stoner."

"I wouldn't be talking if I were you, Big Butt! Or should I call you roach clip."

I decided to change the subject. "I'm not playing until six. What are we gonna do today?"

"We should probably check on the house and shit. I mean, we haven't been there in like, two months."