Weightless

Alex's POV:

"Babe, we have to go explore after we get outta here." Marina begged. "It's Rome for god's sake!"

"I don't understand why you're freaking out so much." I laughed. "You've been here before."

"Alex, just shutup and enjoy my enthusiam." She scolded as we headed towards the gates. 

"Alex is just jealous because, for once, you're enthusiastic about something more than his dick." Jack added.

"No I'm not!" I denied.

"Just admit it." Marina looked back at me.

"Who was the genius that let you lead?" I asked. Marina couldn't navigate her way out of a barrel.

"Actually, yeah. You should probably stand in front." She stopped walking to let me get in front. Airports could get you easily lost.

"But then I don't get to stare at your ass." I said with dissapointment.

We both looked at Jack.

"Ahh, another day of me third wheeling." He took the lead.

"Oh, hush up. You'll see your piece of ass any minute now." She pointed out.

"Or second." I mumbled to her, seeing Jennifer waltz out toward us.

Jack ran to her, picking her up in his arms and spinning her around. She giggled endlessly. "Jack!"

He wouldn't stop kissing her. "I've missed you- so much-"

She shun a smile so bright it stopped Jack's eyes from wandering to her cleavage, and instead, to her mouth.  "Let's go! I can't wait to explore the city."

_________________________________________________________

We wandered around the city aimlessly. I really hope Jack had somewhere planned to pop the question, because if not, this whole trip was useless. It was hours until we reached the spot, and that's when I knew.

"Let's grab some lunch. I'm starved." Jack said. "There's this cute little bar on the top of Hotel Senato, over by the Pantheon."

"Didn't even know you knew what the Pantheon was." I laughed.

"I actually payed attention in history, a-thank you." Jack replied.

"You totally sounded like a pompous ass just now." Marina laughed.

"At least he's my pompous ass." Jennifer took his arm and walked, as though she was a princess and he was her obedient escort.

Marina's hand was laced in mine, and we followed then up many greek-influenced steps to a rooftop resturaunt. 

The word beautiful was such an extreme understatement. The sun was perfecly hidden and orange behind the Pantheon. The world stood still for a moment. 

And then Marina let go of me and peered over the ledge. "Wow, this is amazing!"

She looked back at me, smiling.

"Wait, pause." I held my hands up to mimic a picture frame. "Just got even better."

"You nut." She laughed, grabbing my hand again. "Let's go eat."

I followed, like always. We all sat at a table, where the waiter began in English. "What can I start you off with?"

"A glass of white wine, please." Marina began.

"Actually, I was thinking we could get a bottle of champagne." Jack said.

"Jack it's the middle of the day." Jennifer said, puzzled.