Lost In Stereo (The Epilouge)

Marina's POV:

*

I was quietly lying in the front seat, looking up at the night sky. It was clear, not even whispy clouds to block the stars. I had a blanket on my lap, just dreaming about the life I had. I suddenly felt as if everything was perfect. I had a mix CD of nightime driving songs in the car. Satellite was playing to a just audible level. Alex had one hand on the wheel. He was quietly humming. Soon enough, Night Drive by Jimmy Eat World started.

"Now's a right time for a good song; something to say what I can't." Alex started singing.

By the time the chorus played, I did all the harmonies. We went back to humming by the next verse.

"There are always things on my mind, wondering how to show you my love even more." He mentioned.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Remember that time we drove to York Beach? And I asked you to move in with me?" He looked back at the road. "I wanna do more things like that. Propose to you again, buy another house, do more things."

"I'm happy right where we are." I smiled.

"We're gonna be pulling into the house pretty soon. Your memere said she would make sure everything was nice and done for us. She called me a few days before the hip incident." He mentioned.

"How did you keep such a big secret from me?"

"I knew it would mean the world, so I just hid every little aspect."

"You know," I changed the subject. "We haven't even consumated our marriage yet." I rubbed his arm.

"Are you really turning me on right now?" He asked.

"If I really wanted to turn you on, I would-" I paused. Oh, yes. I would do that.

"Do what?" He questioned.

"Nothing." I responded.

We continued quietly, just listening to the music. I threw my blanket in the back. He hardly noticed. I waited a minute. I unzipped my sweatshirt and put it on the ground in front of me. I had lots of room. I was so quiet that he hardly noticed. My shoes were already off. I tried to make this seem as unobvious as possible, so I began to yank my sweatpants down very slowly, and very sly. He still didn't notice. It was dark anyway. I lightly stepped out of the pants. My shirt was the distracting part. I decided to give up the sneaky stuff and just do it. I scooted forwards, took the hem of my shirt and yanked it off. I turned up the heat.

"What are you doing?" He finally asked.

"I've been constricted all day with clothes. I want to be free." I made up an excuse on the fly.

"Okay." He laughed. How could he complain?

I unclipped my bra and tossed it in the back. I shimmied out of my thong. He looked over again.

"You are trying to turn me on." He said.

"Am not." I lied and giggled.

I took his right hand and played with it. It felt strong and smooth. I decided that maybe, I wasn't only trying to turn him on.

"I just wish your big, beautiful hands were all over me right now." I said.

"You know what, fuck it." He pulled over into a little side of the road dip.

We began with him getting out, opening the back door, and putting the second row of seats. His SUV had three, but the farthest back was already put down. He took the soft blanket and layed it over the flat space. He shoved the suitcases so they were against the trunk door. He crawled inside and closed the door, then motioned with his finger to come back.