Chapter 22

Jess was alone in the cafe of the hotel one morning. She was busy practicing with her music as the recording's final arrangements were set for Shaun and her.

It was the last day to submit the song they created, and the following day will be the announcement of the three winners. She wanted to do her part right so she made an early vocalization before their scheduled music production. Shaun also knows a lot about the track, they then record the rhythm, melodies, and harmonies they would use to add flare to their song.

Jess was mesmerized by how much hard work it takes to just produce one piece of music, the time and effort shed just to have it right is not something anyone can take lightly.

She sighed as her eyes roamed around her surroundings, it's been a day that Rick left the boot camp and the hanging thought of what happened on the night of the campfire has not been sorted yet. He did say that they need to talk about some things, she's not quite sure if she's looking forward to that for now.

She started to sit comfortably and slid her back into a slump against her chair. Her mind wandered to those dark hazel eyes.

"Could he possibly be thinking of me too?" She asked herself.

She readily straightened her back as she started to remember blurry images of their kissing. Jess suddenly blushed as the images continued to pop into her head.

She groaned as she buried her face on the table trying to cast the thoughts away.

She then felt a large gentle hand on her hair, petting her a little.

Such an acquainted gesture.

She readily moved away and straightened her back against the chair. "Shaun" she whispered.

"What's with the groaning for? You sounded frustrated." He commented and without waiting for her invitation sat across from her.

"Nothing!" She lied.

He shrugged his shoulders, still doubtful of her words but let it go anyway, "are you ready to record your first music?" he asked enthusiastically.

She nodded vigorously as her eyes sparkled in excitement.

"Let's do it then!" Shaun stood up and extended his hands for her. Jess had a split moment to decide whether to take his hand or not, her eyes averted to his inviting blue eyes as his white teeth flashed in front of her. She smiled, these past few weeks have been a journey for her and as the old version of Shaun slowly unfolds, that little amicable boy who's always been dreamy and kind, a sense of familiarity is evident making her lower her defenses towards him.

"You are still you..." she uttered enough for him to hear.

She reached out to him as his warm hands slowly squeezed hers. "I am still me..." he responded.

They both stared at each other understanding the exchange and what it meant for them.

**********************************

"And that's a wrap!" the music producer uttered as Jess and Shaun smiled, much contended with their output, they both released a sigh of relief as they heard the final music played loudly in the studio.

They completed the recording and submitted the final production to the event committee right after.

"And now we wait..." Shaun stated as he handed Jess a cold drink while they walked side by side heading out of the studio. Other artists were also there to complete the task at hand.

"And now we wait..." Jess echoed. She looked at Shaun with his boyish blonde hair. "I was wondering why you didn't use your last name when you made your debut?" Jess asked curious about his creative decision for his stage name.