Chapter 26

How did it even come to this? She allowed herself to be swept away by his charms, his dark hazel eyes hypnotizing her whole being, the passionate whispers and gentle touches to her body were the culprits of losing her sanity. She sighed. She turned the shower on and allowed the warm water to drizzle through her naked being. She remembered vividly the moments she shared with Rick; she closed her eyes as the familiar hollow rested on her stomach burning her core. She trailed her fingertips as she recalled where his lips landed and realized he had taken his time exploring it all.

She sailed the ship off but she's unsure as to where it's going. Was it just a mere physical attraction for her? Could that be what Rick's mindset too? The moment he rolled the words, thanking her for giving herself made her feel dejected. She grimaced.

Did she expect a confession of love from him? Whispering his adoration and commitment? She smiled sarcastically. It was one of those moments of her emotional vulnerability that she openly showed in Rick's company. Is she regretting it now?

Jess hugged her self-drawing comfort from within. Didn't she almost fall on Shaun's old tricks just the other night? How did she allow herself to jump into this mess with Rick Reed this time? How can she define their relationship now?

Jess turns the shower off and readily pats herself dry. She paused and looked at her reflection, her lips slightly open, and a bunch of images went her way as she remembered Rick's kisses punishing her lips repeatedly. She blushed.

She moved away from the bathroom and trailed her steps back to her bedroom, it felt like she had not been in her apartment for months. When Rick dropped her off earlier, she was thankful for the silence he offered; she couldn't trust herself anymore and might blurt words she would regret later.

They parted ways with a bit of longing as he kissed his lips again, he smiled but it couldn't be mistaken for the shadow of something more in Rick's eyes. She wanted to ask him, but Jess decided to let it go for now.

She readily took some clothes in her drawer and changed. Jess then rolled to her bed and stared at the ceiling, with the illness that her mother was fighting on the sides and the heartache that Shaun had imparted to her, she already had too much on her plate, so why did she ask for more chaos? Getting herself within Rick's web and having this emotional turmoil with him is already a bit of a handful.

She groaned. "I'll deal with all these one at a time, for now, leave me alone please," she uttered.

*******************************************

Jess was battling internally if she should head out to the recording studio that day, Alexander wanted to check in with her and gather some details on the boot camp activities. She does not have to tell much since he was pretty much aware of what transpired during the workshops. For a moment she thought of giving a good excuse, but she decided against it, her professionalism was at stake.

She breathed deeply, is she ready to see Rick in the flesh? Well... she surely explored those delicious, spicy, manly flesh under her fingertips.

She coughed as she slapped her face forcefully. Focus! She thought.

She let her chestnut hair fall and curled the tips of it using her curling iron as she continued to prepare for her appointment, she opened her closet and decided to wear something comfortable that day. The sun was beaming brightly, and the summer heat could spike anytime, and Jess didn't want to be drenched in sweat all day long. She pulled out a dress and smiled at how the fabric felt against her touch, it was a light pink dress that hugged perfectly to her curves, it complimented her skin and looked flattering on her. She wanted to wear bright, peaceful colors to unmatch the brooding emotional dilemma she felt inside.