Chapter 13

Jess entered the tent bewildered by how many young artists joined the boot camp, their ages varied from young teens, kids, and early adults even to late 30s. She also wonders if it's imperative to swing on musical instruments with them since she noticed that most if not all were holding their guitar or violin, and some were seen on their flute and even drumsticks.

She gulped nervously. Am I the only one who doesn't play any musical instruments here? She thought to herself.

Jess roamed her eyes around and saw that the arrangements were extended up to the beachfront just outside the massive tent, there they set up the stage and tested the lights and sound. She then ponders what she can expect from tonight's event.

She was slowly walking backward as she retraced her steps but did not want to cast her eyes away from the chaos of the preparation when suddenly she bumped into someone.

"Hey, watch where you're going!" Uttered the young woman who didn't hide her annoyance.

Jess readily swung herself around to face them, she was about to apologize when her eyes captured a familiar scene. This is a classic textbook scenario, three women, looking sophisticated and well off were glaring at her as their arms were crossed showing more intimidation, their eyes were sending deadly gazes towards Jess ready to attack if deemed necessary.

Am I in the version of the popular Mean Girls movie? She inwardly suppressed a laugh as her imagination went overboard. The woman Jess initially bumped with, noticed her humor and garnered even more dislike towards her.

"I don't know where you came from, but society dictates that you should learn to apologize when you wronged someone, that's common social etiquette" she stated with the means to insult Jess.

Jess readily straightened her thoughts and this time apologetically looked at the three young women in front of her. "I'm sorry for bumping at you, it was silly of me not to watch where I was going," she uttered.

Jess waited for their reply when she noticed another menacing glare as they halted away from her without saying a word. She shakes her head. Very Typical.

She then walked away from the event location and moved her way towards the shore. She needed a breather from that intense encounter. She then instinctively tied her hair up to keep it in place. The warm sun beams brightly so Jess allowed herself to relax. She walked an inch closer to the water, then decided to remove her shoes so they not get wet. She curled her toes as she felt the sand tingling in her senses.

This is nice. She thought.

She breathed in, she felt free. When was the last time she went to the beach? She can't remember anymore. She then played in the water as the tiny waves chased her feet, she was acting like a little girl as her laughter erupted without inhibition. She then raised her hands widely in an open embrace as her face stared at the blue sky, without further thought she started spinning, her eyes shut closed as she tried to maintain her balance.

Oh, how she loves the summer heat, the salty sea air filling her nostrils. What a perfect day!

"I am glad that you are enjoying yourself" a voice came into view.

Jess's movements halted; eyes fell directly on the man who disturbed her peace.

"Why are you here?" she asked, suddenly feeling embarrassed by her act earlier.

He smirked. "I am after all your mentor; I should know where you are. It's part of my job" Rick stated.

Jess squinted her eyes contemplating his words. She then noticed that he changed his clothing, thank goodness. Imagine the heat from that leather jacket he was wearing earlier. She then studied Rick, he's now wearing his dark sunglasses, complimenting his casual look of a shirt and dark blue jeans. Basic colors huh? Her brows raised. But even in this simplistic outfit, she's not sure what exactly but this man looks attractive. Dangerously attractive if she may be explicit. Then Jess's eyes landed on his necklace, it's pure silver but the pendant looks like a symbol or probably tribal of some sort. She doesn't know but it adds up to his charms.