Chapter 27

Jess was sipping a cold drink as she silently sat there in Fred's diner. She feels that it's been a while since she last visited. She roamed her eyes around and thought the place looked the same, that nostalgic feeling of comfort and familiarity made her smile underneath her breath.

"We are glad you can swing by" Fred stated as he brought a piece of cake for her.

Jess smiled. "I did plan to visit soon when my schedule clears a little bit, it has been hectic for some time now." She's now preparing an album release and picking some songs to be part of the album has been too strenuous, she imagined her journey with Shaun when they created their first song, it took days for them to create a final output, and that didn't even indicate massive production how much more an entire collection.

"How's everything in you so far?" Fred asked. His warm eyes speak volumes as he watches her across the table.

She exhaled. She wondered if she should tell him about her mom, Kris's condition is now stable, and she's glad that her mom is no longer dependent on the mechanical vent. Her consciousness is back too but her physical body is still deteriorating although she still has ongoing treatment. She wanted to make sure that she was comfortable as much as possible, her last visit with her was yet again an emotional one. Her mom knows she doesn't have much time and sharing significant details in her life either from her childhood or about her finances and will has been her constant banter.

Jess smiled and responded. "I found my mom".

Fred's eyes lit from the news and they exchanged a few more conversations with her, when she was just new in the Diner, she shared in passing with Fred that she fled from home and now hearing her finally finding her mom might have connected some dots on her story. Jess was listening intently to Fred when she noticed her phone vibrating. She checked who it was and immediately saw Shaun's name.

"Excuse me, Fred..." She politely informed Fred, and he nodded understanding her gestures, he then gave her the time she needed as he walked away and checked on Jose in the kitchen.

"Shaun?" She greeted me.

"Where are you now?' He answered.

"At Fred's" came her reply.

"Stay there please, I am coming over..." He said then hung up.

Jess blankly stared at her phone as the conversation abruptly ended. Shaun knew where Fred's Diner was from before, but her mind trailed on what could be the purpose of his visit.

It didn't take 15 minutes when Shaun's presence to storm into the diner looking fresh compared to him from the last encounter. He looked casual but stylish as he wore dark blue shirts and denim. He compensates for it with his sunglasses that's making him look more boyish.

"Hi!" Came to his enthusiastic greeting.

"You seem recovered today..." She commented.

She saw him laugh adding to his charms. Fred went back to the table and automatically stopped his movements as his eyes landed on the man sitting right across Jess.

Fred's eyes moved from Jess to Shaun, then back again to Shaun. "He's, he's the singer we saw on TV!" he exclaimed, not believing what he was seeing.

Jess smirked, he didn't believe her before, she remembered how he mocked her when Shaun's music video was playing.

"You said he's your future husband..." He blurted out of nowhere. Jess inhaled trying to suppress what Fred just shared. She saw Shaun's boyish grin as his eyes landed on her.

"Your future husband, huh?" Shaun laughed scornfully as he repeated what Fred said.

"There's a misunderstanding here..." She calmly diffuses the situation.