Chapter 2

The next morning I was rudely awakened by my kid siblings yelling at each other. I groaned as I pushed myself out of bed, threw my hair up in a bun and stuck my head out of my bedroom door. "What the fuck is your problem?"

"She started it!" The twins yelled in unison. Yeah, my siblings are twin fifteen-year-old girls, Hayley and Rose. They were pretty much identical in every way. They shared our mom's sky-blue eyes, only theirs were much bigger giving them this doe-like quality to them. Their hair was a perfect chestnut and shared the same curls as me. The girls were heartbreakers from the time they learned how to give puppy dog eyes. I love them with all my heart, but not before seven am after spending most of my night in a jail cell.

"I don't care who started it. Shut up." I answered.

"She's wearing the shirt that I wanted to wear today!" Hayley whined, "I'm trying to impress Josh and green is his favourite colour."

Protective older sister mode activated. In my opinion, no one is good enough to date any of my siblings, most of all any guy interested in the twins. "Okay first off, who the hell is Josh and why the fuck are you working so hard to impress a guy?"

"He's only the cutest boy ever! He is so handsome and he's really smart, like he wants to be a doctor smart. He is really sweet too, a stray dog got hit by a car outside the school and he carried her to the vet. He totally nursed her back to health and he decided to keep her."

Okay, there is a possibility this guy could be good enough for Hayley. I turned to Rose with one eyebrow raised, "This guy good enough for Hayley?"

"He is really nice." She shrugged. That was probably the most I was going to get out of Rose. The girl was like a bank vault sometimes.

"Alright, come on. Let's see if we can find something to get Josh's attention." I said gesturing for her to come into my room. I went to my closet and began flipping through my clothes. I was around the same build as my siblings except that I was taller by a couple of inches. It made it easy to share clothes which has also caused numerous fights between all of us now that we were all grown up. I had asserted my dominance in the family, so they didn't really touch my closet anymore without permission. "Alright, here. Try this on."

Hayley took the dress I handed her and quickly stepped into my bathroom. I sat there patiently before she came out in the purple dress I gave her. It was the perfect shade for us, managing to bring out the highlights in her hair as well as highlighting her big blue eyes. The dress was the perfect combination of sultry and innocent. The dress highlighted her slim build while the skirt was loose enough to give her a romantic silhouette. That dress was always my secret weapon, which I am now giving to my baby sister. Where did protective older sister mode go?

"I love it, but it's not green. Green is his favourite." Hayley pouted. I rolled my eyes and gave her a hug.

"You're not dressing up for him. You're beautiful Hayley and this just shows it off. If Josh doesn't notice you in this dress, then he's an idiot and idiots don't deserve my little sister." I tucked one of her curls behind her ear just like Mamma always does for me when I'm down. "On a completely related note, you remember what I taught you right?"

That got her to smile, "If any guy tries anything with me go for the balls."

"And?"

"Punch girls in the tits."

"That's my girl. Now let's go see what Dad's making for breakfast. I'm starving." I tucked her under my arm and went downstairs to the kitchen. Dad was dancing by the stove as he cooked up some pancakes with one of Mamma's songs playing. She never released any music, but she had a demo recorded for all the songs she's ever written. Dad listened to them almost exclusively with his sister's music sprinkled in. I found it adorable just how stupidly in love they were all these years later.