Chapter 27

The rest of our set went by in a blur. I didn't want it to end. I would live on that stage if given the chance. Walking off the stage, that performance high was still pumping through me. I was swarmed by Anise, Will, and a few others congratulating me on an amazing set. I had a smile plastered on my face I thought would never going to leave, but then my eyes connected with Elenore's. I saw the teary expression on her face as she turned away. My smile dropped as I followed after her. I looked over my shoulder for a second to see where the boy was but I didn't see him.

I followed Elenore into a small washroom with only two stalls. She checked the stalls as I locked the door. When she finally looked at me, I could see the tears in her eyes. "Melody, I'm so sorry... I-I didn't think... I should- fuck I should have done so much differently."

"Yeah, no fucking shit." I snapped, "Fucking hell, having to talk to your fucking–well whatever the fuck he is to you–I still fucking hated it! I want to hate him so much. I want to hate him because he gets to be with you out in the world. Do you realize how much I wish I was him? Getting to just hold your hand in public, getting to kiss you whenever I want, and all that other shit. All I've wanted to do is just tell my parents that I met this girl who I love with all my heart but I can't. The only thing that kept me with you was the fact that no one got to be that for you, but then I found out about Damien."

"I thought you knew." She whispered as she looked at the floor. She couldn't even look at me.

"You shouldn't assume that shit, ever. If you want to get in a relationship with someone, hell even if it is just sexual, you should disclose anyone else you're fucking or dating or even have a crush on. I'll admit, I should have initiated that talk but I also didn't have anything to disclose so it wasn't on my mind." Hearing Elenore scoff made me pause what I was saying. "What? What the fuck is wrong with what I said."

"What about Anise?"

"What the fuck about her? She isn't a part of this."

"Oh don't give me that! You two are way too close and the way she looks at you, fucking hell, don't act like there isn't something there. I saw you two out on the deck at Will's housewarming. All cuddled up by yourselves. I've seen her hanging off of you all night. There's no way you haven't fucked her!"

"Are you fucking kidding me? She's my manager and that's it! I went out on that deck because I needed to be alone, to process the fact that I had to pretend I didn't love you in front of my closest friends, and she has social anxiety and needed a break from people. We talked about work and Aunt Mel and all that other shit. We sat close because it was fucking freezing! Holy fucking shit. She's been near me all night because I have had a rough fucking week trying to process this fucking fuck up of a fucking relationship. She's the only reason I haven't completely spiraled. Did you know I've betrayed every single one of my morals and convictions to be with you? Everyone thinks I'm fucking crazy for even giving you a fucking way back so sorry I needed my friends to support me."

"Everyone? You told people about us? Melody! I- fuck I- what the actual fuck is wrong with you?"

"Me?!" I let out a humourless laugh. "They fucking figured it out! It's not like it was fucking hard. We spent every single waking moment we possibly could together and then I meet your boyfriend and I turn into a fucking wreck and you're nowhere to be seen. They put two and two together because they are not fucking idiots! They're nosey fuckers who have been worried about me for months!"

She stepped back running her hands through her blond locks. "Fuck!" She yelled as she sat on the bathroom floor. And buried her head in her hands. I could see the way her entire body shook. "This... this is getting too big. I-I don't know. I don't know what to do."