Chapter 5

I think the entire room was silent in their surprise. I could hear my heart in my ears. I insulted Lenora Ashley to her face. Fuck me sideways. My shock was mirrored by my band but I was able to shake off the star-struck part of me. She was just like anyone else. I'd been mingling with famous people since I was five. My aunt and uncles were a part of one of the largest bands in the world for many decades and we always had famous people visiting our house when Mamma would have some of the people she collaborated with over for dinner. I looked to my band members and raised my eyebrow. I could see them slip off their shock and go right back into performance mode. We had a job to do and we weren't going to let the surprise addition of Lenora Ashley throw us off. No matter how attractive and sexy she might be.

(Trouble by JJ Wilde)

You know there's a certain word for people like me
It don't make it right or wrong but, yeah, they like to dig in deep
If you get too close I'll get you, if you let me in, I'll stay
But the hardest part is finding out I'm the first to walk away
With your heart, with your heart

I could barely keep my eyes off of her. She was sensual and captivating in every sense of the word. She was sex on a stick and hotter than hell. I thought she was attractive before but she had somehow become even more so. She was a blinding comet on that stage and when the song kicked up and she got to belt out with that smoky voice, I was lost.

Baby, I'm trouble, the kind that makes you wait
And baby, I'm trouble, you know I'll be your favourite mistake
And I will swallow you whole, and spit you out because I love the taste of trouble
Yeah, yeah-ah-ah-ah

We played together in sync with myself kicking in with the harmonies when needed. When the bridge came, however, all her attention was on me as I sang with her. I couldn't even see the rest of the bar. All that was there were her golden eyes and sinful lips as each word promised a forbidden world of pure pleasure.

Doing bad, feels so good
Told you from the start, your gonna get hooked
Doing bad, feels so good
Told you from the start, your gonna get hooked
Doing bad, feels so good
Told you from the start, your gonna get hooked
Doing bad, feels so good
Told you from the start, your gonna get hooked

She was living up to her promise. I was absolutely hooked on her presence. Pure sexual energy filled the room and was cackling between us. I wanted her more than I had ever wanted anyone in my life. I was so tuned into her presence that I hadn't realized that the bar was absolutely packed with screaming fans. I looked over at the bar where Owen and some of my other coworkers were trying to get people their drinks as quickly as possible. We were packed and I was sure that security was holding back a mob from outside.

None of that mattered when Lenora put her arm over my shoulder and pulled me in closer. My hand went around her waist and pulled her in close. She looked at me with so much heat in her eyes. I prayed that it was because she felt the same sexual tension I did. I grabbed the microphone without thinking and lifted it to my lips. "Alright, we're going to take a five-minute break. Go to the bar, grab a drink and we'll be back for more."

I put the microphone back on its stand and removed myself from Lenora's embrace. I put my guitar back and whirled around to Lenora with my arms crossed. "You are such a fucking cheater."

She laughed at that. "Really? Not going to fall at my feet and ask for my autograph?"

"Fuck no. Not my style." I could see the intrigue in her eyes. I was sure she wasn't used to normal people not getting star-struck around her. "However, I think since you obviously cheated and knew that revealing that you are... well you, would make the crowd vote for you, I think that counts as a victory for me. Cause I am still the superior songwriter."