Chapter 17

In the good times, time moves way too fucking fast. It felt like I had blinked and suddenly almost a month and a half had passed. We recorded a five song EP of songs I'd already written that our fans loved to make sure that we kept the hype going as I worked on our first album. The first song was going to be released next week, which was insane to think of. Then Will and Hillary had officially moved in together. They were having a housewarming party tonight for their friends which should be a blast.

As for Elenore and me, things were good. The sex was absolutely mind-blowingly amazeballs and every time we were together I could feel myself falling deeper and deeper in love with her. However, the fact that she wasn't out was kinda ruining my buzz. I was constantly lying to my parents which made me feel like shit whenever I saw them. It wasn't the relationship I had with them. I've asked her a few times if I could just tell them, but she wasn't comfortable with that.

I've also been seeing a therapist once a week. Mamma noticed I was stressed and thought it had been because of the Brian incident and insisted. Although it turned out to be a good thing because I could talk to someone about Elenore. Elenore probably wouldn't like that I was talking to my therapist about her but I needed to talk it out. I'd usually talk it out with my parents, but I'll settle for a therapist.

But that is not what I'm focusing on right now. Right now, I am focusing on getting ready to have some fun with my friends and my secret girlfriend. Fuck. I should probably watch my drinking tonight. I tend to be a very affectionate drunk. Okay, so watch the drinking and try not to make it obvious that I have a secret girlfriend. Who knew that being in the closet was so difficult? I sure as hell didn't. I was out the second I figured it out.

Anyway, I was almost done with my makeup when I heard a knock at my bedroom door. "Come in!" I called as I turned away from my mirror. I was greeted by Jean as she came in and made herself at home on my bed. "What do you need?"

"I wanted to see if you wanted a ride to Will's?"

I was surprised. Jean and I got along, but we were never really close. We were more the playful bickering kind of siblings. "What's wrong?"

"I'm offering you a ride, why would anything be wrong?" She answered but I stayed silent with a single raised eyebrow. Sure enough, she let out a sigh, "Ugh fine! I'm freaking out about applying to university and you're the only one still in this house that actually went so you're the only one I could talk to."

I sat on the bed and put my arm around her. "It's going to be okay. I know it's stressful and scary, but I'll help you threw every single step of the way. You're applying for education, right?"

"Yes. I want to teach primary, but I was also thinking if I get a psychology degree on top of it I could also maybe do special education. I've narrowed it down to five schools, but they said to apply to three and I don't know how to narrow it down."

"First, apply to all five. Then when they all accept you, because they will, I'll take you on a road trip to visit them and see which one suits you. At the end of the day, you want to be somewhere you fit in. Will and I wanted to go to the same school, but don't just decide to go somewhere because your friends want to go there. People change when they live away from home and you don't want to be stuck at a school you don't even like that much with a bunch of bitches."

She laughed and tightened her arm around me. "You sure you want to be stuck going on a road trip with me all alone?"

"Yes! You're my baby sister and I'm going to look out for you. If that means dragging you around to universities and making sure you're safe and happy, I'll fucking do it."

She giggled before popping up from my bed, "Come on. If you're going on a road trip with me I guess I should drive you to Will's." She rolled her eyes but I knew she was joking.