Chapter 31

I enjoyed my night with my family without a care in the world. I wasn't focusing on the chapter that would be ending soon, I was just enjoying myself. I loved my huge crazy family. I loved seeing Anise opening up to them and joining in on the shenanigans. I particularly loved watching her with my siblings. Especially with Jean. They had some book series that they both loved that they couldn't stop talking about. It was nice to see Jean get to talk about these things, our family wasn't exactly full of bookworms.

The next morning, I knew it was time. I turned on my phone and looked at all those missed calls and texts from Elenore. They were all unhinged and I was done with her shit. Not once, did she ask how my family was doing or how I was doing, it was all about her. How I hurt her feelings, how I should have told her I was leaving LA, how I didn't stick to the promise I made. I was done with it. I dialled her number and barely had time to lift it to my ear before she answered the call.

"Melody, please, I ended things with Damien, I'm single, I didn't know you were-"

"I know, Anise told me you had ended things." I sighed as I rested my hand on my head.

"Don't listen to her, to Anise, she's jealous. Jealous of us, our love, how could she not be? We have something special, so fucking special. This is love, true love, you and me. Just give me a chance to show you. Anise is just trying to poison you, she's a liar and a manipulator. She wants you and now she's spouting lies."

I couldn't help the humourless laugh that escaped at the sheer stupidity of her words. "Anise is a liar? A manipulator? Fucking hell, you're a fucking pot calling the mother fucking kettle black. You have done nothing but lie from the minute we met. Sure, you'd tell me the truth, but only after I already found out the truth so you spin this fucking web to keep me trapped. Keep me with you." I felt a tear track down my cheeks. "I'm done, Elenore. I can't do this, you and me. I'm sorry that I didn't figure this out before you broke up with Damien, but I just can't trust you anymore. This relationship is not healthy, not anymore."

"No, please, Melody. You don't understand, I-I can change. I love you."

"I know but a relationship needs more than love to survive. We have nothing else here. No trust, no care, no foundation to stand on when things get tough. I'm sorry, but this is the end of us."

"Please don't do this."

"Goodbye, Elenore." I hung up the phone and immediately turned it off. I knew that she would call me right back but I didn't have anything to say to her. Not after all she's done. I flopped back down on my bed and felt the tears come. Even though it was my decision, and it was the right decision, it didn't make it hurt any less. There was still a hole in my heart where she used to be.

"Dee, can I come in?" I heard one of my sisters call through the door. I sat up and wiped the tears from my face before I invited whoever was there to come in. I saw the twins were both peeking their heads in. Rose spoke first, "We heard you crying and wanted to make sure you were okay."

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine. I-I um, ended things with Lenora." I couldn't stop a few tears from leaking out and soon I was tackled by two teenagers in a giant hug. I melted as I felt my tears come down my cheeks even faster than before. They left the door open and, of course, this was around the time that everyone was waking up and soon I had pretty much my entire family in bed with me (minus Will and Hillary who went home last night). "Guys, I'm fine. I chose this, it was time for it to end."

"Well, you could do so much better." Jean said, "So many people would kill to date you. The second you're ready, I guarantee we can find you someone perfect."