Chapter 29

Anise

Hanging up the phone with Melody, I just needed a moment to stare out the window. I couldn't believe I snapped like that, but it needed to be said. Lenora Ashley was a mess that I hated Melody had gotten mixed up with. Hell, I wished I told her more, like how she should forget all about Lenora and be with me because I would never do what Lenora did. I'd treasure every second that I had with Melody because that's what she deserved. Not this, none of this. No one deserves to be put through the shit Lenora put Melody through. Lenora made my blood boil more and more with every passing day and every single hurt she put Melody through.

I shook my head and texted Melody my flight info before turning back to finish packing. There wasn't much to pack, I barely even unpacked preferring to live out of my suitcase than bother with the drawers. I went through my room and once I was sure everything was gone, I grabbed my suitcase and carry-on and left my room. I barely left my room when I heard my name called. I turned to see Lenora walking towards me. She was a mess. She was still in the same clothes as last night, her eyeliner was smeared, and she looked like she had barely slept. I sighed and closed my hotel room door and began walking towards the elevators which meant I was walking towards Lenora. "I'm not going to talk to Melody for you Lenora. She'll talk to you when she is ready."

"Anise, please. You don't understand. She said I had until she left LA, but she wasn't supposed to leave yet. I broke things off with Damien as soon as I heard she'd left. She didn't tell me. I'm trying my best but my contract-"

"Shut the fuck up!" I snapped whipping around to look her in the eye. "You broke Melody's fucking heart with all your games and I'm sick of you trying to play the fucking victim! You made her the other woman and don't you fucking tell me that you thought she knew because you should never fucking assume that! You have manipulated Meldoy every step of the way! You made her fall for you knowing that you could offer her literally nothing. You keep saying that your contract is getting in the way of your coming out, but I think that is total bullshit! Melody introduced you to one of the best lawyers out there who has some of the best industry contacts in the entire fucking world and you don't even follow up! That doesn't sound like someone whose life is a living hell because of a fucking contract. That sounds like someone who is using a fucking contract as a way to keep everyone at a fucking distance. Melody is dealing with a family emergency and her life might be turning upside down and all you care about is yourself because you are a fucking selfish coward. You don't deserve to even breathe the same air as her so no, I'm not going to help you get in contact with Melody! Stop fucking asking and leave me the hell alone."

I could see the shock on Lenora's face as I exploded. It wasn't normal behaviour for me to explode like this let alone exploding twice in less than an hour, but Lenora brings out the fucking worst in me. I was lucky that the elevator came right away. I could hear Lenora calling out to me, but I ignored her. I'm washing my hands of Lenora Fucking Ashley.

I got in the town car I had rented to drive Ryland, Tori and me to the airport, thankfully they were both already there and we could leave right away. I didn't want to face Lenora again. I was still simmering when I got in. Wound up ready to explode, but thankfully I wasn't the only one. "Okay, so did Lenora Ashley literally harass you guys too or was that just me?" Tori asked and both Ryland and I immediately said yes.

"I think she's on something." Ryland said quietly which hushed us both up, "When I saw her, something didn't feel right. I recognized the signs, I'd say coke, maybe more." Tori and I looked at each other before Tori placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. Ryland had opened up to me about his family growing up. His mom was an addict, coke was the big one for her, and he was worried that she could cause some problems for the band. I reassured him I would handle it if she caused problems, but he was the one option I trusted on the matter. Growing up with the mom he did means he knows the signs better than anyone.

"Melody's not going to be happy if that is the case. You know how she is about these sorts of things." Tori said.

"We can't spring this on her right now though." Ryland jumped in, "She's under enough stress as it is, she doesn't need to deal with a potential drug problem."

"But if Lenora is on drugs, Melody would still want to know. Maybe this will be the straw that breaks the camel's back. We'll be free and clear from Lenora and her issues."

"Or this is the straw that breaks Melody's back. I know she's strong as hell, but there's only so much a person can take. Melody is dealing with all the shit Lenora's already put her through on top of all of the shit that's going on with Will's mom showing up. Something's got to let up soon because no one can deal with everything Melody's going through right now." Ryland argued back.

"Anise, settle this, do we tell her or do we not?" Tori asked me.

I thought about both their points and honestly, I had no idea which one was the best answer. I just knew my own morals on the matter, "We can't keep this from her. Melody is going through a lot, but she'd rather we told her the truth. Her issue with Lenora is the lying that she's been doing the entire time that Melody has known her. If we keep such a big secret from her, we're no better than Lenora."

"But we'd be doing this to protect Melody, not hurt her," Ryland argued back.

"Lenora probably thought the same thing, and things were better for them when Lenora was lying, Melody was happier. We don't have confirmation that Lenora even has a drug problem, we just have our suspicions. We voice them to her when we get the chance and we do it gently, but we do have to tell her." My heart hurt for Melody. She didn't deserve this and as much as I want to keep her sheltered away from all this she was feeling, I knew that if the situation was reversed, I'd want her to tell me.