Chapter 15

A couple of hours and way too many stitches later, I was walking through the front door of the house. I had a mild concussion and a bruised jaw, but the painkillers were helping. I was just thankful that all my injuries were on my left side so I could at least hope to get some sleep tonight. Almost as soon as I stepped foot in the house, I was pulled into the arms of my dad, the real one, the one there for me every single day. He pulled me out of the hug and put a hand on each of my shoulders as he scanned all my injuries. "I'm going to fucking kill him." He pulled me into another hug. "No one hurts my little monkey."

I smiled as I squeezed him tight. Yep, that's what real dads do. That's why I chose him to be my dad. I can't control my genetics, but I can control this. "I love you Dad."

"I love you too Monkey." He let me go and soon after I was getting hugs from my entire family. I was brought over to the table where my favourite dinner, pulled pork tacos, was put in front of me. I know that I had every right to be upset, but I'm not. I have the best fucking family in the world. Who gives a shit about douche canoe? I don't. Not right now.

"So you seriously beat up your dad?" Jean asked as we were eating dinner.

"No. My dad is sitting right there; the other guy just so happens to share a bit of my DNA. That doesn't make him a dad."

"Sorry, right, duh. You did give him hell though? Like he's not walking right?"

I laughed at that one, "I hope not. I think I kicked him in the balls hard enough that I'll be his only contribution to the gene pool." Everyone joined me in our laughter.

After dinner, no one really felt like being alone so we decided to play some board games. I think we all needed to feel like a family today. I was failing miserably at the games. Concussions make it hard to think. Eventually, my headache got to be too much so I excused myself to go to bed.

I gave myself a moment to look in the mirror. My head was wrapped in gauze due to the sheer number of stitches I had to get. The left side of my face was swollen and a lovely colour of blue that did wonders for my complexion. Basically, I looked like shit and I was going to look worse tomorrow. My jaw was aching and my hands were about the same. What a fucked up day.

A text alert on my phone distracted me from my grizzly appearance. I looked down to see Lenora had texted saying she hoped I was having a good day at work. Fuck. I promised to call her when I was done. I picked up the phone to call her. She picked up right away. "Hey, you done work?"

"Barely made it through my shift." I sighed. When she asked why I launched into the full explanation of my shit storm of a day. It was nice to talk to her. I needed it. "So anyway, now I'm sitting in my room with a pounding headache. So overall, pretty shitty day."

"So I'm guessing you're not up to coming over and having crazy sex then?"

I laughed, "No. I don't even think I can drive right now. I'll make it up to you this weekend. I'll bring over some toys and we can stay locked up all night long."

She let out a moan, "Fuck. Please take it easy this week. I seem to remember you promising me as many orgasms as I want next time."

I chuckled, "I'll make sure of it."

*****

By the time Saturday came around, my mood was in a surprisingly happy place. Owen had called the day after the accident to cancel the show that we were supposed to have tonight, which I had completely forgotten about, but it wasn't going to get me down. Hillary and Will had finally told my parents they were together, which everyone was thrilled about. Hillary hadn't asked Will to move in yet, but they were spending the weekend together so I'm sure I'll hear about it soon enough. We'd also signed our contracts so we were officially on our way to becoming full-time musicians. The only bad thing was that we had to postpone our time in the studio until my head and hands weren't quite so injured.