Chapter 14

The next morning, I wake up naked with an equally naked Lenora in my arms. I couldn't believe that I found a girl like her. Smoking hot and shares my kinks. She was an absolute dream. I wanted to test our limits together and get to know her. I felt at peace. I tightened my grip on her and pulled her in a bit closer. I felt her wiggle her bum against me. Yes, this is exactly what I needed.

Unfortunately, all good things have to come to an end. The sound of my phone going off on the bedside table pulled us out of our lazy moment. I sighed as I rolled over and saw Owen's name on the caller ID. My brow furrowed at what he could possibly want. I looked down at Lenora who was watching me silently. "Do you mind if I get this?"

"No, go ahead." She answered. She put her arm around my waist and cuddled into my side for good measure. Note to self, Lenora is a cuddler.

I pressed answer and put the phone up to my ear. "Hey Owen. What's up?"

"Quite a lot actually. I just had to fire Claire. She was stealing money. I had to call the cops and all this shit. I'm kinda in disbelief. She seemed like a sweet kid, you know? I told her if she just paid back what she stole, I wouldn't involve the cops. But she fucking blew up at me saying I had no proof and all this shit when I literally have cameras, bank statements that prove we're short, and all this shit."

"Holy fuck! I can't believe she would do that." I'd worked with her quite a few times. I thought she was sweet too. Guess you never can know people.

"Yeah, and Pat broke his foot playing hockey Sunday so I'm now down a cook and a server. I know I said that I'd give you this week off, but I'm in a serious bind. Do you mind helping me out today?"

"Yeah of course. I can be there in um... an hour and a half maybe two. Does that work?"

"Thank you so much Dee. There's a reason you're my favourite. Always helping me out when shit hits the fan."

I laughed, "It's my thing. I'll see you soon. Try not to stress yourself out too much."

I hung up the phone and looked down at Lenora. I sighed as the morning sun hit her eyes perfectly highlighting the green in her hazel irises. She was fucking gorgeous in the morning. "I'm sorry, I've got to go."

"I know, I heard. Call me tomorrow? Or when you get off. Just, if you don't mind calling that is."

I chuckled as she bumbled around her sentence. "I'll call you as soon as I get a chance. How does that sound?"

Her smile was blinding. "Sounds perfect."

It didn't take long for me to collect my belongings and head back to my place. The house was empty as I pulled in. I ran up to my room, quickly showered, before getting dressed in my work clothes. I tied my hair on top of my head in a messy bun, put on some concealer and mascara, and was running out the door in minutes flat. I was pulling up behind the bar in no time at all. I went in to see Owen's stressed-out face behind the bar. "Oh thank god you're here! Okay, you've got the bar and the high tops. Marco is coming in soon to take over the kitchen. We've got a newbie coming in to train with you today. Her name is Lily and she's worked in bars before. You should be golden."

"Wow, already hired a newbie?" I asked as I clocked in.

"Hired her yesterday. I figured you'd be leaving us soon to be a famous rock star so I should hire someone new. I've got to go find paperwork for her and see if I can find someone to fill Claire's position. Are you good out here?"

"You know I am. I'll keep an eye out for the newbie."

Owen made his way to the back as I started getting customers at the bar. It wasn't too busy, it was a Tuesday lunch, but it was definitely steady. A lot of the older crowd, a few college students. Lily was there in no time. Turned out she had been working in bars almost as long as I'd been alive. She didn't need me to train her on anything except the menu. I backed off and let her serve the few high tops. I liked being behind the bar, talking with the old guys that were glued to their usual bar stools. They weren't the creepy kinda old guys. More like retired slightly alcoholic dads who wanted someone to talk to. It always made the slow days go by quicker chatting when them.