Prom? ~ Chris

* ^Taken from zstardigital's Instagram^. Also, this photo of Chris isn't talked about enough* 

Kate's P.O.V

"He's late sweetheart," My mum sadly says after looking at the microwave for the time before at me, "I know, can you take me?" I ask standing up, grabbing my clutch bag and heading out to the car where my parents took me to my senior prom because my shit ass boyfriend forgot to come and get me to take us. "You alright Katie?" My dad asks as he drives to which I shrug in response "You look beautiful and he's an asshole for not realising. Make him regret not taking you" He says which makes me laugh. "I'll call you if I want to leave early," I say as he pulls up to the car and I get out and head into the school and over to the gym. 

"Kate, you missed photos!" My friend, Jasmine says as I walk over to her and our friends "Oh I know, and I've missed the first forty-five minutes of prom" I mumble looking at my friends and their dress "You look amazing in baby blue!" Jasmine says which makes me smile after being stood up. "Do you know if Jake's here?" I ask quietly, looking around the room as I hear my friends sigh, "He came with someone else, didn't he?" I ask knowing he's been cheating on me for the past few weeks, since his promosal actually. "He came with Loren" Jasmine informs me to which I simply nod my head "Of course" I mumble "Forget about him! Have fun with us!" Jasmine smiles before pulling me and a few friends onto the dance floor. 

Smiling as I spend a few hours with my friends, dancing and jumping around on the floor before it was time for dinner and unfortunately I have to sit next to Jake. Sitting down at my seat and glancing over at Jake who was still wearing the tie that matched my dress and not Loren's, if you're going to go prom with a different girl, at least change your tie from the first girl. "Really? Can I have my tie back?" I ask as I bought the tie when I bought the dress "Oh Katie,  I didn't realise you were here" He stumbles "Because you forgot to pick me up?" I cock "Gimme the tie" I grab the tie, untying it and shoving it back in my clutch. "Did you really take my tie?" "I bought it and leant it to you" I argue "We're done, Katie!" Jake says which makes me roll my eyes "No shit! You've been cheating on me with Loren for the past month!" I say, just over this relationship even though we had been dating since the seventh grade. 

Having to sit next to my now ex-boyfriend with our friends, I try my best to ignore him but it's hard when he's right there. After dinner, most of the people in our grade, including Jake and Loren, went back to the dance floor or away from their tables. Seeing Jake happy and realising that's how he used to look at me before he fell out of love. "Hey, I'm going to the bathroom for a minute," I say to Jasmine, not noticing how she had been watching me watching Jake and Loren, but she still nods and I head off to the bathroom. 

After the bathroom, I need some fresh air and decided to head out to the courtyard, walking away from my senior prom, which I've already missed most of it. "Chris?" I ask looking up and seeing his figure on the other side of the courtyard in the dark "What are you doing here?" I ask confused as he was a year older than me and graduated last year. "Your mum told me about Jake" He answers stepping into the light, wearing a suit without the tie and his hair was its usual length that framed his face perfectly. "So what are you doing here?" I repeat stepping forward towards him "I figured you didn't want to be alone" He smiles a little, staying where he was "Why are you here Chris?" I ask confused as he was my neighbour and one of my best friends "I like you, Kate, like really like you and every time I saw you with Jake I knew I could be better to you than he was" Chris admits which makes me smile as we stay ten feet apart. "So you decided to drop everything on a Friday night to come to your old high school in half a suit to say you like when you could have till tomorrow," I say "I'd figure you would the other half of the suit," He says as I laugh and grab the tie from my clutch and wrap it around Chris' neck and making into a tie. 

"Want to dance?" Chris asks, which makes me smile as Chris is one of the most uncoordinated people I know but know I love dancing "Yeah" I nod smiling, watching as I wrap my arms around his neck while his go around my waist and his hands land on the middle of my back as he holds me close. Swaying softly as we go in small circles "Ow, Chris that was my foot!" I mumble as he steps on my toes for the fifth time in a minute "Dancing really isn't my thing Kate" Chris finally admits, laughing a little. I nod and take a step back "You want to come inside?" I ask, letting him go as he lets go of me. "You sure you want to go back in there with me? We could go get Mcdonald's" He suggest, I nod in response as I wasn't having fun or enjoying myself and followed Chris out of the school to the minivan which I know he can't drive. 

"Did you really make Matt wait in the car alone that all time?" I ask laughing as we walk over "He wasn't alone" Chris answers as I open the sliding the side door open and seeing Nick in the back which makes me laugh as they all came, either to make fun of Chris for getting rejected or to tease about how he got a girlfriend. 

**If anyone has seen Sabrina the Teenage Witch (highly recommend), I was going for the series' ending of that with this chapter but like the high school version. Requests are always open. ~ Byeeeee Charlie**