Mind Your Business! ~ Matt

* ^Taken from Matt's Instagram.^  This is easily one of my new favourite photos of Matt. TW: Eating disorder and mental health*

Ameilya's P.O.V
"Coming Mils?" Matt asks as I look up from my phone, reading the comments on the boys' YouTube that I was last in, seeing the comments about my eating habits. "Um, yeah, I guess so" I mumble quietly, closing YouTube and locking my phone as Matt walks over "What were you reading?" He asks curiously "You had your reading face on" I see him smile, rolling my eyes as I don't have a reading face. "Just a story" I lie, standing up and grabbing my shoes and sitting beside Nick while Matt drives to McDonald's like we do every Monday night. "Whatcha getting Mils?" Matt asks turning around a little from the front seat as we wait for the car in front to pay "I'm not really hungry. Probably just a double cheeseburger" I say quietly, trying not to raise suspicion as I usually get it in a meal. "You sure?" Chris whips around in his seat in front of me, nodding my head as Matt drives forward and Nick orders for the car before Matt pays again because Chris forgot his wallet...again. 

Smiling and laughing as I listen to the conversation, laughing and putting my two cents every now and again to avoid eating. Quickly wrapping the last third burger in the paper and shoving it in the bag as the boys finish up "You alright Mils? You're not usually quite" Chris asks looking back at me, "Yeah, just stuff's happening at home" I half lie as I nod and wait for Matt to pull up to my house. "Thanks, guys" I smile getting out of the minivan "Ameilya, you talk to us about anything, you know that" Nick calls out of the window, I look back at the minivan and smile "I know" I call back "Get going or Marylou's gonna be mad!" I call as I reach my front door, heading into my house.  "Hey Mils, did you eat?" My mum asks sitting on the couch looking over at me as I walk in, nodding as I head upstairs to the bathroom, locking the door. 

Closing my eyes, I sigh as I know what I'm going to do and that I need help and that I need to stop but not tonight. I look at my fingers and sigh as the impulse overtakes and block out what I do next. I come back to reality when my sister knocks on the bathroom to use the bathroom. I flush the toilet of the McDonald's I ate earlier and rinse my mouth out before unlocking it for my sister and nudging past her to her room. 

For the next few weeks, I continue eating and not eating my meals, not thinking anything of it. "You feeling alright Mils?" Nick asks quietly as me, the triplets and Alana sit down at a cafe for lunch "Yeah, I'm fine. Why?" I ask confused "Because you're looking a little pale" "I'm fine!" I snap back, not meaning to snap but that's all anyone asks me anymore and I'm sick of it and I'm hungry. Ordering just a sandwich while the others got proper meals, I picked at the sandwich while waiting for the others. Once everyone at the table had their food, I take small bites of my food and just listen to the conversation, eating half before the familiar feeling of nausea set in and I stop eating "You going to finish that?" Matt asks quietly from beside me having watched me for a while. Shaking my head, I push my plate over to him, assuming that's why he asked "You can tell me anything Mils" He whispers quietly, I sigh as I look across the table at his brothers "No I can't" I whisper back, knowing the boys shared everything and a secret to one of them, is a secret to the three of them. "I gotta go," I say, leaving some money on the table to cover my meal before going to find the nearest bathroom. 

Not my proudest moment, being sick in a public bathroom stall, but I guess I need it as a wake-up call. "Ameilya, I know you're in there" I hear Alana say on the other side of the door after knocking. I sigh and sit on the closed toilet lid, unlocking the stall "What's happened?" She asks quietly, stepping closer and giving me a hug "I need help" I mumble, "I know. When did it start?" "Couple months ago, after the boys' video" I admit, I can't keep this to myself anymore "They did what?!" "Not them! Their comments" I say quietly, ashamed I let a bunch of strangers who don't know me affect my life so much. "What about the comments?" Alana asks watching me carefully "The way I eat, how much I eat. They're on my Instagram as well. They're commenting on me!" I say looking up at her "I'm broken so stop looking at me like that!" I say brushing past Alana and washing my hands before leaving the bathroom. 

"We can't control what they say or what they comment, but you've never let anyone change you. So why are you letting a bunch of strangers change you?" Matt asks the second I step out of the bathroom, the three boys having been waiting for Alana and me. "Lana texted" Nick explains "We're sorry Mils," Chris says before the three them of hug me "Thank you" I mumble quietly, letting go gently. "We're here to help you Ameilya" Nick smiles and I look around at my friends, and I know I have the best support team. Smiling softly as I know they're here to help but it's going to be a long process to get better. Walking back between Alana and Matt and listening to the conversation the others were having when I felt a hand slip into mine. Looking over at Matt "We'll help you" He says quietly to not disturb the conversation. 

**Hello, Charlie here. I don't know if this is a good or bad chapter, but I hope you enjoyed it either and if you're struggling mentally, there are ways to seek help. As always, requests are open and I'm running out of ideas so they would be greatly appreciated. ~ Byeeeee Charlie**