Birthdays and Anxiety ~ Little Sturniolo

* ^Taken from the boys' instagram^. This one-shot was requested by lariesluke *

Maddi's P.O.V

"So today, I'm on my way to surprise my brothers with their other brother, Nate" I smile to my phone as I record Justin and I parked out the front of Nate's parent's house "So it's Nick, Matt and Chris' birthday on Monday and my gift to them, is Nate," I say as Justin gets out of the driver's seat to greet Nate, explaining to my very few viewers what today's video was. Smiling and laughing during the car ride before Nate and I go through security quickly and board the plane. I know most people would think it's weird that I'm travelling with my older brothers' best friend, but honestly, he's like the honorary fifth brother of our family. He's been on almost all our family holidays since I was about four years old.

"Oh, it's hot out here" I mumble as we step out of the airport with our bags and grab an uber to a hotel near the triplet's manager's house to sleep for the rest of the night as the triplet's birthday was tomorrow. "Good morning guys! It is currently 10:20 am on August 1st, which means it's my older brothers' birthdays so we're going to go meet up with them" I say briefly to my phone as Nate and I head down to the lobby and into an uber. "I've arranged it with the guys' manager, Laura to meet in a park while they have lunch and surprise them" I explain as Nate and I get into the uber and head to the park. "This park is huge Maddi, any idea where they are?" Nate asks as we stand on the sidewalk in front of one of the biggest parks in LA "I've never been to LA before. I didn't know how big this was" I argue back walking through the gap in the boundary of the park, calling Laura to see if I can narrow where they are in the park. "Near the entrance of Riverwood Street and are Revesby Ave," Laura says and I repeat back to Nate, who stares at me confused "The fuck am I supposed to do with that ?" He asks as I start walking along the boundary trying to find Riverwood Street and Revesby Ave. Nate and I put Revesby Ave into our phone GPS and see we were going in the complete opposite direction, turning straight on our heels and heading in the right direction.

Nate sees two short figures surrounded by taller ones "Found them!" He says pointing at them, heading over we can hear Laura tell the triplets to turn around and Nate and I see their smiles grow as they see their best friend, Nate. "Oh my god, Maddi! What are you doing here?!" Nick asks after the boys hugged their friend "Who do you think got Nate here?" I tease as I hug Matt and Chris. 

"Maddi! Maddi! Come on we're going to be late!" Laura calls as Maddi and I were up in Maddi's room, finishing our make-up for the triplet's birthday dinner. Laughing as I zip my skirt and head downstairs with Maddi behind me, grabbing our bags, we all pile into the minivan and Laura drives us into downtown LA to the boys' favourite restaurant in LA. Walking in and seeing the rest of the people who were signed to zstar management, feeling the familiar tightness in my chest, I know this is going to be a long evening but I don't want to ruin it for my brothers. Smiling and laughing to a few of the others seated around me, I start feeling more comfortable and my chest doesn't feel so tight until dessert and three separate cakes were brought out for the triplets. 

Watching everyone sing happy birthday and seeing the smiles on their faces was heartwarming after barely seeing them because of their work and my school work, but I just couldn't be there right now. Stepping away, I head outside for some air as I found in the restaurant was getting too small. I sit down on one of the benches in front of the restaurant to contain myself. Closing my eyes, I focus on my breathing, like Matt's suggested and it's worked pretty well so far and the traffic behind me. I try to fan myself down but quickly realise that I was shaking which only made my panic attack much worse. I open my eyes and try to get a grip on my panic attack and focus on my breathing which wasn't helping at all. 

I was so in my own head that I didn't realise that someone had sat beside me until I felt a hand on my back. I jump at their touch "It's only me Maddi" I hear Matt's faint voice say, and I accidentally focus on his hand rubbing soft circles on my back, my chest doesn't feel so tight and outside doesn't feel so big either. I smile softly at Matt "Thanks. I didn't mean to pull you away from your birthday dinner" I mumble quietly, looking at Matt and scooting closer as my shirt was backless and my skirt was pretty short "You know how I am with large crowds" Matt smiles, watching me shiver. "Mum told you to bring a jacket didn't she?" Matt asks standing up and I nod as I copy him. "And you didn't, did you?" He asks sliding his jacket off, I shake my head as he lays places his jacket around my shoulders and it's longer than my skirt. "You also need a slightly longer skirt" He teases, opening the door to the restaurant so we can enjoy the remainder of his and our brothers' birthday. 

**Hey guys, I wrote this before their birthday video was uploaded and didn't feel like rewriting it. Sorry for the 2-week absence, I wasn't very motivated to write so that's why this is two weeks after their birthday. Here's this chapter and I've never had a panic attack or anxiety attack so I hope I got it right. As always, requests are always open as I'm running out of ideas and suggestions are welcomed. This has over 30k reads, holy shit! Thank you! ~ Byeeeee Charlie**