Second Chance? ~ Matt

* ^Taken from Matt's Instagram. Part 2 of "Lost Him" requested by withpoppymin *

Hayley's P.O.V

"Because she actually understands me! She actually cares about the little things and remembers them" Matt yells back. Replaying the argument which ultimately ended my relationship with Matt. Remember the little things? My ass. The amount of shit I know about that boy is ridiculous. "Nick, can we go out?" I ask once he picks up my phone call, just needing to talk to someone and since both my parents travel for work and I don't any siblings, my friends are all I have. "Yeah, sure. Come pick me up" He says laughing, smiling we hang up and I get in my car and drive to Nick's house. Pulling up to the back of his house, I press on my horn and wait for him. Seeing the sensor porch light turn on, I look up at the porch and see someone standing at the door. Knowing exactly who it was even though all three of the boys looked the same, I know it was Matt. Watching him turn back inside as the backdoor beneath the porch opens, I smile at Nick as he gets into my car. Driving off, I drive us into town and go through the McDonald's drive-thru, even though it was almost 3 am. 

"I'm sorry I haven't been over. But, you know, I can't drive" Nick starts once I park the car in a spot in the very empty parking lot "And, he's obviously not going to drive me to see you" "No, I get it...How is he? Is he still talking to Jamie?" I ask hesitantly knowing she made him happy. Nick shakes his head in response "He was for the first week but now he's barely texting" Smiling a little as I'm relieved that he's not still talking to her or pursuing a relationship with her. "How is Matt? How's Chris?" I ask, having distanced myself from Nick and Chris because of Matt, but just because I started distancing, doesn't mean I don't miss them. Any of them. It's been almost two months since Matt and I broke up, and I miss him and his brothers and their company and their laughs and their smiles. "I know he misses you, and that he doesn't want to acknowledge that what he did was wrong and losing you was all his fault," Nick says eating his McDonald's and we continue chatting for at least an hour and a half. "You know the worst thing he said? That she remembers the little things. If only he knew all the shit I remember about him" I mumble, that line still stuck in my head for the past two months. 

"Ready to go back?" I ask after a while of talking as I was getting tired and I should probably be dropping Nick back anyways. Parking at the front of Nick's house, I hug him goodbye and look out the window "He hasn't always watched you arrive home, has he?" I ask seeing Matt once again at the front door "What? Oh, I think he's watching to see you" Nick says seeing Matt watching "Do you want to see him? Maybe get some answers?" He suggests, nodding nervously I get out of the car as well and follow Nick to the front door. Looking down at my feet as I follow in, "Hey Nick, Hayley" Matt says, surprised but greets us and we head up to the kitchen. 

"I'll let you guys talk things out," Nick says once we're all in the kitchen before heading to his room. "Nick! You can't -!" Sighing as he shuts his door after giving me a thumbs up, looking over at Matt as I stood by the porch door "I should go...." I say reaching for my keys on the counter "You don't have to" "What? Matt, you up broke up with me. You were talking to some other girl while you sat beside me" I say watching him carefully now. "I know and I'm sorry. I don't have an explanation for anything that I did. But I'm really sor-" "-Nick said you stopped talking to her. Is that true?" I cut him off, knowing he'd listen to anything I'd say "Yeah, I haven't spoken to Jamie in weeks" I can tell he's telling the truth.

"Do you remember what you said? The night we broke up" I ask curiously and he looks at his feet, nodding. "Because she actually understands me. She actually cares about the little things and remembers them" I repeat his words back to him, "Do you understand how much that hurt me? I know that when you're anxiety gets too much for you, you completely shut down. You can't stand the feeling of jewellery when you wear it except that chain Chris and your mum got you for Christmas last year. Or that you hate wearing rings but tolerated wearing the one I got you for your birthday. I know that you hate when your hair gets too long and touches your ears, you can't stand it and keep shaking back even though every time you do, it just falls back, brushing your ears" I say factly, "I know you better than anyone, Matt. I know you better than you're own brothers" I say which is debatable but I know he isn't going to argue about that with me right now. "I know what I did was wrong, okay Hayley. Everything I said to you that was a mistake and I didn't mean any of it because, I love you Hayley" Matt says watching me carefully, taking me off guard. We were dating for almost a year and not once did either of us say we loved each other. 

"...I love you too Matt, but I don't know about us" I admit honestly, I still love and care for him but he still texted another girl when I was sitting right beside him. "I understand that. I do, and I get it if you don't want to give us another chance. But I'm willing to try again if you are" He says quietly, looking down at his feet, playing and tugging with his fingers. Walking over slowly "You don't have to forget what I did, but please don't hold that against me or especially against Chris or Nick" He mumbles quietly, not looking up "Matt, I want to give us another shot, but you owe me for that Jamie girl," I say smiling softly. Watching his smile grow as he lifted his head. Going on my tiptoes and hugging Matt, relaxing slowly against him as I feel his arms go around me. It felt good to have my boyfriend back but his actions aren't leaving my mind just yet. 

**Hello,  I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Let me know of any ideas you have or any requests, my dm's are always open. This has almost 10k reads?! I swear it was only last week I said this only has 7k reads. Thank you. ~ Byeeeee**