chapter 22

Anastasia's POV:

My lack of words has Harry smirking at me for an entire minute. None of this adds up. At all. Although I am completely and utterly surprised, my anger is still inside. He is married.

"Why are you married then?" I finally ask. I assume that was what he was waiting for.

"I am so happy you asked Anastasia. Although, this may take more than five minutes of your very precious time, I believe me stating that Natalie is lèsbian, should ease your worries." He smiles lightly and clasps his hands together.

"Yeah, I guess. But you are still married." I point out.

He purses his lips, as if he is thinking then says, "Yes, it is true. I am still married."

"Why?"

"Anastasia, I'll explain." He chuckles lightly.

"So, this tale of mine starts off years ago when I was in high school. I was in a band, if you can believe it, called So What. I played the drums and my good friend Liam played the guitar. Some other boys were also in it, however, I have not kept in touch with them. Anyways, Natalie was our lead singer. She was very good and I had always looked up to her. She had been more of a big sister figure to me, more than anything, which surprised most because they thought we had feelings for each other. But we were strictly friends. Our band broke up half-way through grade eleven because we were all getting ready for college and playing small gigs was not helping our future. We all stayed friends though and after high school ended we went our separate ways. You following along?" His back story forces me to smile a bit. Not that Natalie and Harry never being intimate made me happy, but also that he seemed to have really enjoyed his band.

"Yes, I am. I actually never would have pegged you for a drummer nor a boy in a band." I giggle softly.

He smiles at my comment, "Yeah well I'm full of surprises."

"I can see that."

"Okay, anyways. During my last year of college, my mate Liam, rang me saying that the rest of them were getting together in Vegas for a weekend to celebrate and revisit. Of course, being that I was newly twenty-one, I jumped at the chance. As a group, we all hung out and went clubbing. We drank a shït load, because, why not? But sadly the weekend soon came to an end. It was Sunday night, around 11pm and Natalie, Liam, and I were at the bar in the hotel. Next thing I know, I'm in a hotel room with Liam attached to my side and Natalie on the couch. Once we all wake up and take medication to cure our headaches we talk about the previous night. Apparently, Natalie had this amazing idea to get married. We already knew she was lèsbian, so she freely expressed how funny it would be if she married a man. And because I'm a complete idiot, I came up with the brilliant idea to get hitched. So Natalie and I were married at one of those horrid Elvis weddings. Liam was the maid of honor and best man. And after I placed the gum-ball bought store ring on her finger and she placed a ring that she made from string on mine, I bloody fücking high-fived her. So, hey! Don't laugh it isn't funny."

I just couldn't help myself.

My laughter rose as his cheeks turned to a soft pink, "I'm sorry Harry, it's just. Really?"

"Yes, really. The priest was so mad. He was like, you have to kiss her. So I did, but don't worry, it was like kissing my grandma. No tongue, emotion, or taste. I couldn't even remember the night until Liam explained." My laughter slowly dies down, but I continue to smile.

"So you just stayed married?" I ask.

"No, we got an annulment. Well, supposedly. Apparently, Natalie forgot to send the papers. So that is why she is here. She's getting married to the supposed love of her life and when she went to book a priest, they apparently stated that the records show she was still married to me."