Chapter 51

Toni's P.O.V
I don't plan on ending this book anytime soon. But I know most of you understand why I'm not updating as fast as y'all would like. But for those who don't know it's because I'm a senior and I got shit I have to do and I just had my senior trip. So I'm a busy bitch and if y'all are deadass mad about my lack of updating, I'll try my best to make it faster. And if y'all have a problem with my lack of updating, message me don't be putting your complaints in my comments it's disrespectful and I don't do that shit.

After I finished answering the emails, I looked at the time and saw that it was already 6:00. I closed my computer and grabbed my phone and headed out. I walked to my car and checked that time, it was 6:05 I turned on my car and drove out the parking lot, and started to make my way home. After a few minutes of driving I stopped at a red light, so I quickly checked my phone and saw that it was almost 6:20.
"Hurry up light." I mumbled under my breath,  when the light finally turned green I pressed the gas pedal, but out of the corner of my eye I saw a bright light coming my way. I tried to go faster it but was already too late, and all I saw was black.
After the crash.
I woke up in pain and I couldn't sit up or move my right arm, but I could move my left arm. I looked around the room and saw two silhouettes of two women outside my room. I groaned and swung my left hand, which hit something and caused it to fall. The two women outside immediately turned their heads and walked inside my room. I saw Cheryl and immediately my mood went up. And I guess she saw my eyes go wide, which caused her to give me a sad smile. It was like she was guilty of something, what the fuck is going on.
"Hello Ms.Topaz I'm Dr. Sarah and I know you're confused right now. But I need you to remain calm. You've suffered many injuries. You have a broken right arm, you have multiple stitches, and you have also suffered a head injury. Which is why your head is wrapped." She said and pointed her bright flashlight in my eyes. I squinted and turned my head but that only caused me pain. Cheryl cupped my face and shook her head.
"Don't move TT." She said and I nodded my head. And Dr.Sarah came over to me with some weird looking thing and placed on the outside of my head.
"This is so you don't cause any more damage to your head." She said and looked at Cheryl and nodded at her. I gave them a confused look and Cheryl wiped her eyes and held my hand.
"Toni there's another thing too, I don't know how you're going to take it." Cheryl said and I squeezed her hand, and she smiled at me and wiped her eyes. I let go of her hand and rose it to her face and wiped the escaping tears. She smiled and leaned her face into my hand.
"Honey when that guy crashed into you you hit your heard really hard, and you hit the Broca area. Which controls your speech." Cheryl said and I kept wiping her tears. But Cheryl shook her head and looked at the doctor who then nodded.
"Ms.Topaz because of how hard you hit your head your brain forgot how to "talk". What we are trying to say is that you are not able to talk." She explained and my eyes went wide and I looked at Cheryl.
"B-but you can learn how to talk again baby, and I-I'll help you." She said and kissed my palm. I opened my mouth but nothing came out.
"I'll you two a moment and inform the rest of the family." She said and left the room. I looked at Cheryl who kept looking for any sign of emotion. I looked at her and my eyes got watery, Cheryl leaned closer and started caressing my face.
"I know baby, I know." She kept saying and kissing my forehead and cheeks.
"We'll make it through, I'll help you through every step." She said and crawled in my bed and got as close to me as possible without bumping my head cover thing, that the doctor put around my head. I opened my mouth but the only thing that escaped was a loud cry. Me and Cheryl stayed crying until we had no tears left. After our crying session I used my good hand to tap Cheryl.
"Yes TT?" She asked, and I used my good hand to pout at the water. Cheryl got up from the bed and poured me a glass of water and walked back to me. She used the remote control on my bed to raise it so I was sitting up. She raised the cup to my lips and I drank the whole cup.
"Want more?" She asked me and I nodded my head and winced.
"Careful TT." Cheryl said and poured more water in the cup, and walked back to me.
"Do you the rest of the gang to come in." Cheryl asked me as I was drinking the water. I gave her a thumbs up and she went to open the door.
"Toni wants to see you guys." I heard Cheryl say and Sweet Pea, Fangs, Jughead, Kevin, Archie, Betty, Veronica, Josie, Jason, and my parents along with Nana Rose came in the room. And Cheryl came and sat in my bed with me.
"Hey Tiny you gave us a scare earlier." Sweet Pea said and I could tell he's been crying because his eyes were red. I patted my chest over my heart and he along with Fangs and Jughead chuckled.
"It's ok Tiny no need to say you're sorry, glad you're ok." He said and kissed the top of my head.
"If you're wondering the asshole that hit you was texting and driving. The cops have him in custody." Jughead said and fixed his beanie. I gave him a thumbs up, and Fangs came up to me close to my ear.
"Say the word/ oh I mean blink and we'll find out where he lives." Fangs said and I laughed which was followed by a cough. And I blinked and he nodded, and took out his phone and left the room.
"Toni what was that about?" Cheryl asked me and I raked my left hand and made a sip motion across my lips and threw away the key. Cheryl rolled her eyes while everyone started to laugh.
"Nice one, glad to see you smiling after such devastating news." Cheryl's dad said and I smiled at him. I pointed at myself and made an ok sign and went to grab Cheryl's hand. We all fell into conversation but stopped once we heard a knock on the door.
"Hello Ms.Topaz I want to introduce you to someone." Dr. Sarah said and a woman came up from behind her.
"Hello my name is Harley, and I specialize in trama recovery. I was told that you suffered a really serious brain injury, is that correct?" She asked me and I nodded.
"Good, I've been appointed to your case and I plan to help you relearn how to speak. How does that sound?" Harley asked and I gave her a thumbs up. She smiled and held her hand out to me and I shook it.
"Perfect if you are more comfortable I could conduct our visits in you home, or you can come over to my office. Which one sounds better?" She asked me and I pointed at me.
"Your house it is then. Starting off we can have our sessions every Tuesdays and Thursdays. Is that fine with you, I know you're a busy woman." Harley said and I gave her a thumbs up. She smiled and looked towards Cheryl. I rose our hands and she nodded her head.
"You her wife, that I keep seeing on TMZ?" Harley smiled and shook her hand.
"Yes my name is Cheryl, pleasure to meet you." She said and shook her hand.
"Ok if it's fine with you I'm going to be giving you some exercises that you can do with Toni, so that she can re-teach her mind."  Harley said and Cheryl smiled.
"Of course whatever will help her get better I'm for it." Cheryl said with a smile I gripped her hand tighter and brought it to my right hand and kissed her knuckles. She smiled and Harley gave dug in her purse and handed her a red and black business card.
"Here's my information, remember our first session is on Tuesday. Have a good rest of you night, goodbye everyone." Harley said and waved at all of us then left the room along with Dr.Sarah. I leaned my head on Cheryl shoulder and my stomach grumbled. Cheryl giggled and looked at me.
"You hungry?" She asked me and I nodded my head.
I'll grab you something Tiny, just not from this dump." Fangs said and left the room along with Sweet Pea and Jughead. I told a deep breath and looked at my right arm, I lifted it up and winced a little.
"Toni stop." Cheryl said and I looked at her and let go of her hand and took off the blanket. I faxed away from Cheryl and she immediately was at my side again as my feet touched the ground.
"Toni you can't just stand up. You need to be cleared by the doctor to stand up." She said but I ignored her and took my first step, my leg shook a little bit but I bit my lip and continued to walk. I could feel Cheryl's hands hovering over my arms as I walked to the bathroom. When I was face time face to the bathroom door I used my good hand to open the door.
"Do you need any help?" Cheryl asked me and her dad cleared his throat and looked away. I saw her mom smack him in the chest and I giggled, and shook my head and pointed at myself and gave her a thumbs up. She nervously but her lip and backed away from me once she was a good distance away I closed the door and looked in the mirror. As I looked at myself all bruised up, stitched, and mute I couldn't handle it anymore the tears came out once again. I crouched down to the floor and silently cried into my good hand. After a few minutes I heard Cheryl knock on the door.
"TT you ok?" She asked and I stood up and wiped my eyes. I turned on the sink and wiped my face and cleaned it off with the spare towels that they have. I opened the door and everyone looked at me, including Dr.Sarah who looked at me with a shocked face.
"We'll I came over here to ask you if you wanted to walk, but I guess you already took care of that." She said and I gave her a small smile. I pointed to myself and pointed outside my room.
"Yes you can walk around the hospital." She said and Ms.Blossom came up to me.
"You want some company?" She asked me and I nodded and held her hand. We walked out the room and for a few minutes everything was quiet until I noticed that Penelope was leading me towards a secluded area. I looked at her and she gave me a sad smile.
"I know it's hard for you honey, I can only imagine. It's ok you can let it out." She said and hugged me and I used my good hand and placed it on her back and dug my head in her neck. As I was sobbing she rubbed my head and then my back.
"Shh let it all out." She kept repeating and she kissed my head.
"Don't worry once you get discharged I'll make you my famous chicken noddle soup. How does that sound?" She asked me and cupped my face. I sniffed and nodded my head. She smiled and held my hand and we walked back to the room.
"Oh there you are Sweet Pea was going to eat your fries." Fangs said and set my food on a table. I smiled and Penelope helped me sit on my bed.
"Thank you." I signed and Fangs dabbed me up and I hugged Penelope.
"You're welcome honey." Penelope said and went to Clifford and I started eating my food.
"You know sign language?" Cheryl asked me and I shook my head. And I showed her my fingers with little space between them.
"Only a little bit?" She asked me and I nodded my head and bit my fry.
"Hey Toni I informed your employees what happen and that until you are better enough to go back I'll be in your place." Jughead said and I nodded my head and gave a fry to Cheryl.
"Thank you TT." She said and I continued to eat my food. After a while everyone started to clear out and go home only me and Cheryl remained. I grabbed the remote to the TV and started flicking through by the channels. I ended up on some old Cartoon Network shows I raked the volume on the TV and placed the remote on the nightstand and I looked and saw Cheryl opening a bag her mom brought her filled with our clothes. She grabbed my hoodie and sweats and walked back over to me.
"Come TT, let's get you out of Thor ugly hospital gowns." She said and I sat up straighter and leaned forward letting Cheryl untie the ties across my back. Once she finished doing that we carefully pulled the gown over my right arm and then my left. I didn't have a bra on but we didn't care I lifted my arm up and she carefully placed the hoodie over my head.
"You're going to need to stand, to make this easier." Cheryl said and and gently took my left hand and helped my off the bed. I placed my left hand on her shoulder as she bent down to make it easier for me to put on the pants. Once the pants were on Cheryl out on her red silk pjs. Even though we're in a hospital she still has to wear be fancy I smiled and she looked at me.
"What?" She said and crossed her arms and I shook my head.
"No come on tell me." She said and I pointed her outfit.
"There is nothin wrong with a little silk." She said and got in bed with me, we watched some old cartoon before we got tired and feel asleep. I laid my head on her chest and placed my left hand under her waist.
"Goodnight TT I love you." Cheryl said and I looked up and pecked her lips.
THR NEXT MORNING.
I woke up to no Cheryl, I looked around the room and saw no sign of her. I went to open my mouth but I remember that I couldn't speak, so I did the next best thing I screamed.
"Ahhhhh!" I shouted and Cheryl came running in.
"What's wrong?" She asked as soon as she came in the room. I shrugged my shoulders and she rolled her eyes.
"I was having a conversation with your nurse, you can't just yell baby." Cheryl said and I pointed at my lips.
"Yes I know you can't talk, but you can't yell. You could've texted me or called me." She said and I again pointed at my lips.
"Ok fine now phone calls but texting works just fine." She said and I sighed and got out of the bed and opened her bag with my good hand. I took out some fresh clothes but I couldn't find my boxers. I turned around and looked at Cheryl who rose an eyebrow. I lowered my waist band of my sweats so you'd see my boxers.
"There in the little pocket, and don't be pulling down your pants. You'd know who will pop up." Cheryl said and I smiled and lowered my sweats.
"Toni!" Cheryl whispered and came over to me and pulled them back up. I giggled and slapped her ass. Cheryl grabbed me a pair of boxers and  handed it to me. I did a scrub motion over my chest and Cheryl nodded and walked with me to the bathroom. She placed a plastic thing around my broken arm and placed a kiss on my cheek.
"It's so it doesn't ruin it, doctor told me to do that." She told me and I nodded and she left the bathroom. I took off all my clothes and hopped in the shower, I cleaned my body and my hair. Once I was done I stepped out the shower and got dressed in some casual clothes that Cheryl brought to me. She got me a pink shirt, black pants, and some white converse.