2. A Friend of Pinky's

The four hour long band practice had stretched on much longer than an impatient blonde was in the mood for today.

He hadn't gotten much sleep the night before so he's tired, moody, short fused.

Ok, to be fair he's normally most of those things but today even more so and now he's found out that he has to attend some dinner at some restaurant that he's not even familiar with with the bands Manger just to talk over some details and discuss a possible short tour.

The group had been rapidly gained popularity lately something Katsuki wasn't even sure if he liked or not.

He loves music, always has and when this band started they were kids fresh out of high school not thinking they would ever actually go anywhere.

They started playing in mostly empty dinghy clubs, fairs, schools, any place they could get a gig really but now five years later they were playing actual venues, even recorded an album. All of it still hard to keep up with at times.

Katsuki leans back on the wall with his arms crossed. An annoyed scowl on his face while he listens to Kirishima try to convince him that this dinner thing would be great.

" Dude, stop looking so pissy bro! The actual meeting won't take long, then Mic will bounce and we can hang out and have a few drinks. Oh and hey, Mina will be there ! "

Katsuki rolls his eyes with a scoff.

" Like that's a fucking incentive to go, we fucking see Pinky all the time!"

The redhead laughs.

" I know bro, been it's been a couple weeks."

" Yeah bro stop being a buzz kill", Denki says with a grin as he packs up a bright yellow and black electric guitar.

The blonde cuts his gaze over at the yellow eyed male as another voice joins the conversation with a slight laugh.

" Yeah come on Bakugo, it'll be fun. You hardly ever come out with us anymore" , Sero says.

Katsuki pinches the bridge of his nose, his patience wearing thin, or thinner than usual.

" I see you bastards almost every day between rehearsals and shows how much more do you want from me huh?!"

Kirishima shakes his head with a heavy sigh, a hint of sadness in rose red eyes.

" That's not what he means man. For the past year you haven't exactly been yourself, outside of practice and shows you shut yourself away and if we didn't have those things I wonder if we would see you at all"

The blonde stares at his friend arms still crossed before crimson eyes shift away focused on nothing in particular.

He knows what his bestfriend says is true, he knows he's been distant, closed off, cold even. A broken heart will do that to you, but it's more than that, it's also anger from the whole damn thing and an already edgy blonde had become even more so, so he decided to keep his distance at times not wanting to take it out on his friends, yes Katsuki Bakugo had come to the conclusion that something inside him is broken beyond repair.

He meets now three sets of hopeful eyes and clicks his tongue.

" Tch. Fine you shits, dinner a drink and then I'm going the fuck home"

The three light up with grins.

" Awesome bro! I'll let Mina know we're on our way and Mic will be there at seven"

An hour later Katsuki is sitting at a restaurant in town called Jade.

The blonde is sitting in a black leather booth now large enough to seat them all.