33. Calming the Storms

Izuku has never been more angry or shocked in his life.

If he woke up tomorrow sown to the carpet he wouldn't be more shocked then he is right now.

He stands there on the sidewalk blinking at his ex thinking about how he has got to have the absolute worse luck in the entire world for this to happen right now in front of his new boyfriend who struggles with trust and anger issues. His face is on fire with a deep red color that has nothing to do with embarrassment and everything to do with white hot fury.

It takes a minute for him to even get his mouth to work because everytime he starts the words get stuck in his throat.

" Shoto.. what.. what the hell are you doing here?! How did you even know where I worked?! And if you keep standing here with that smug look you have right now I swear to God I will punch you right in the face!"

Shoto raises a brow at his ex who never seemed to speak with this kind of confidence or anger before.

" I was just passing through Izuku, I thought I would stop to see you. Things between us ended yes but we were civil about it. I didn't think you'd react like this."

Izuku is pacing the sidewalk now trying to calm his anxiety and anger.

" Civil?! Shoto, you cheated on me! I found out, told you it was over and never looked back at you! I mean, I even moved so I didn't have to see you, ever! What would make you think I would want to now?! I.. I can not fucking believe this right now!", the exasperated greenett says pacing again running a hand through green locks.

A thought hits him as he stops suddenly looking at the other male.

" You never told me how you knew where I worked. And what does your girlfriend think about you passing through to see your ex huh??"

Shoto shrugs.

" We still have some of the same friends back home. I may not follow your social media because you blocked me but they follow you and I ran into some of them who told me how you were doing. As far as Momo goes that ended."

Izuku narrows his eyes with a disbelieving laugh.

" Oh I see now. Things ended with your little twinkie so you thought you could come running back to me? And what? Think I would be happy to see you, open my arms and take you back?! If that's what you have going on inside that thick skull of yours you can just forget it! I've moved on, have an amazing relationship and am totally happy. You never even cross my mind! You need to leave Shoto, I need to go back to work and clean up this awful mess you've left in my lap now. I don't want to see you.", he says turning to leave but then hears an always monotone voice.

" That guy you're with now who's all jealous and untrusting. You really think that's gonna work out? And I mean come on Midoriya, he's famous, those guys are never faithful."

There's a swirl of both anger and pain in Izuku's chest as he spins around and steps chest to chest with his ex. Emerald eyes ferice now.

" Watch what you say about him Shoto. Watch speaking about things that you have no idea about, except for the not being faithful part, you have that part down don't you Sho? Now like I said, you need to leave and I need to go."

With those words breathed he's gone, pulling the restaurant door open harshly and disappearing inside leaving his ex on the sidewalk.

He's shaking now, half anger half fear about things being left in the worse possible way they could be with a blonde musician who he knows is over-thinking in every worse way possible. Even worse is he can't even text or call him yet since he just walked back in from his lunch break and he's already getting yelled at because he's late.