12. The First

Katsuki sits at a piano on stage absentmindly tapping on the ivory keys.

This is normal, nothing unusual about this at all, after all the blonde is a musician getting ready to go on tour, plus Katsuki is a perfectionist, often playing different instruments for hours on end till the tune comes out flawless, the music flowing like fine wine.

But what isn't normally is the fact that Katsuki isn't even looking at the keys or even really playing a real toon.. no crimson eyes are staring out across the room aimless. His brow furrowed in thought and that thought is on a green eyed waiter who he has a date with tonight.

Kirishima eyes his band mate with a raised brow as he watches the glazed over look on the blonde.

He smiles finally shaking his head with a light chuckle exchanging looks with Sero who also laughs with a smirk.

They know Katsuki has a date tonight, and they are well aware of who it's with, something they were all excited to hear, especially Kirishima who's been wanting his bestfriend to finally heal and move on, when that green eyed waiter stumbled into their lives and he saw the way his bro took notice, the redhead had hoped things would take a turn in this direction.

Practice is mostly over and it's a good thing since a distracted blonde doesn't seem to be feelin' the music today.

Kirishima walks up to the piano with a grin.

" Yo man, I think we should call practice for the day"

Crimson eyes suddenly snap back to reality as the blonde looks up at his friend.

" What ? Why ?", Katsuki questions.

The redhead laughs.

" Cause bro, we got those songs down, no need to drag it out, plus your thoughts seem to be on other things right now"

There's snickering laughter from the corner where Sero is packing up instruments.

" Yeah, like a waiter who works at Jade"

Katsuki cuts his eyes at the dark haired male with a scowl.

" Oi, fuck off Soy Sauce. You don't know what I'm thinking about"

Denki laughs putting his guitar away.

" So you aren't thinking about your date with Mido tonight?"

The blonde clicks his tongue in annoyance, not giving an answer.

" Tch"

Kirishima grins sitting beside his friend on the piano bench.

" You nervous bro?"

Katsuki furrows his brow.

" No I'm not nervous! Why would I be nervous!? It's not like I never had a date before!", the blonde yells in defense.

The redhead smiles seeing through it.

" It's ok to be nervous. First dates with someone new are a little nerve wracking, but Mido is super laid back and totally easy to get along with so you guys are gonna do great, besides you've hung out with Mido, it's not like he's a stranger"

Katsuki is quite as his thoughts drift.

He turns his attention back to his band mate.

" I'm not fucking nervous. But..... if I was nervous it would only be because I haven't done this shit in a really long time and I don't wanna fuck this up before it even starts."

Rose red eyes soften.

" You aren't gonna fuck anything up man. Mido is really into you so just be you bro, pretty sure that's all he wants. You had him over for dinner already and you said that went well right?"