36. The Hits Keep on Comin'

It's been two months, two long gurgling, lonely, heart aching, missing every minute of the day and night months that Katsuki has been gone on tour now.

The couple had been doing fairly well with phone calls and text even if it was all hours of the day or night. There was late night calls where they would both fall asleep on the line together or early morning calls where Izuku got dressed and ate breakfast all with the blonde on the line.

They were doing whatever they needed to do to make it through this and get it done but past few nights had been hard since Katsuki's scheduled had picked up in the number of shows he was doing and Izuku's work days also were a bit longer so actually talking hadn't been happening. Text were exchanged here and there but not nearly enough and this was making a normally up beat greenett feel down and uneasy.

A brash blonde musician wasn't having an easier time on his end either. He's been over stressed with shows and practices, late nights early days, not much sleep and constant travel. The fact that he hasn't been able to really talk to the greenett waiting for him back home was also weighing heavy. He's concerned, concerned that Izuku is going to get tired of waiting for him to be able to fit him into a schedule that seems so damn endless right now.

He's currently sitting at a music store at a fan meet and greet sighing autographs and pretending he actually gives a flying fuck about this kind of stuff. He doesn't though, this end of being a musician never appealed to him and as he signs his 50th shirtless picture of himself for some dreamy eyed drooling fan all he can think about are the green eyes he's aching to get back to.

His phone rings suddenly. When he sees the name on the screen he decides to answer it even though there's a steady stream of fans coming through the door.

" Hi Nerd.", he smirks not even bothering to look up at the fan he's scribbling an autograph for.

Izuku lights up immediately not excepting his boyfriend to be able to answer.

" Hi rock star! I'm so happy you answered. I was just going to leave you a voice mail, again. You're probably getting sick of them from me.", he says with a slight laugh though Katsuki can hear a hint of sadness behind the tone.

" Are you kidding me? I save them all and listen to them on a loop before I go to bed. I've decided I might add music and make an album out of them, just for me of course cause I don't want anyone else hearing how hot you sound on the phone.", he teases not caring who's around to hear him.

Izuku laughs softly with a smile as he sits on his kitchen counter leaning his head back on the cabinets.

" Well, if that's the case I'll have to start leaving more of them, especially since I now know you think I sound hot."

Katsuki chuckles signing another autograph while he glances up just to give a slight wave and half smile while he continues his conversation.

" You won't hear any complaints out of me, I'll never get tired of them. What's my nerd doing?"

Izuku sighs.

" I gotta get ready for work soon. I have to be in at eleven. I don't get off till closing so it will be eleven also."

Katsuki furrows his brows.

" A twelve hour shift? Why the hell are you working so much?"

Izuku smiles.

" Just been working a lot of double shifts lately, we're so short staffed."

The blonde scowls hearing tiredness now in a voice he's grown so attached to.

" Are you sleeping? Cause you sound beat to fuck."

The greenett laughs softly.

" Look who's talking. You don't sound much more awake then I do."