26. Unease

Katsuki leans against the hood of his car outside jade taking a drag from his cigarette.

In the little over five minutes he's been outside he's smoked two in rapid secession trying to calm himself down.

He fucked up in there and he knows it, fucked up when untrusting ghost of the past came racing to the surface like a god damn freight train.

He couldn't stop it, couldn't stop the red rage that hit him with force when he saw another man close to what was his, close to what he was building, close to what he aches to pull even closer but now he wonders if he shattered what he was building before he got to add another brick.

He sighs cursing himself under his breath as he looks up at the black inky night sky feeling the cool night air on his skin.

The short time he's been out here waiting for Izuku has felt like hours. He's both anxious and nervous to talk to him and try and get this sorted out, he's also concerned over that hit to the head he took and wants to be sure it's looked at at the hospital.

Before his tortured mind can twist any further he hears a door open.

Crimson eyes dart in that direction seeing Izuku come walking out holding his coat.

He puts his cigarette out right away and meets the greenett on the sidewalk before he can even get to the car.

Izuku looks up at him, those green eyes may be holding his gaze but there's hurt in them and that's making Katsuki almost wish they weren't looking into his own.

" First, I know you're pissed, you have a right to be and I get it if you don't even want me fucking near you right now, but I need to take you to the ER to get checked out and then I'll give you space if that's what you really want."

The greenett takes a deep breath, tonight had not been a good night for him at work, the hit to the head made it worse and then his boyfriend storming in a punching someone innocent topped it off.

He's tired, frustrated and his head aches.

But he also cares deeply for the blonde in front of him that almost looks like he wants to cry. He hates the feel of this and wants to fix it but he does need to be checked out and get something for the ache he's dealing with.

" I.. I never said I didn't want you near me, and we definitely need to talk about this but I need to get looked at because I don't think I can focus on much else with this headache"

Crimson eyes grow worried.

" Let's get you in the car Deku. I want to get you to the hospital"

Izuku only nods in response while the blonde leads him to the car and helps him in.

On the way to the ER the greenett is mostly quiet.

Katsuki glances over at him seeing his boyfriend looking out the window with a distance look.

He wants to reach for his hand but honestly at this point he's not sure he should or that Izuku would even want him to after the events of the night.

His stomach twist because he doesn't want to lose him over his own foolish mistake and actions, he's also worried about the hit to his head.

He clears his throat.

" How are you feeling, I mean besides upset with me? Are you dizzy or sick to your stomach or anything?"

Green eyes finally look in his direction.

" No, I'm not dizzy or sick. Mostly just have a pounding headache"