37. Back

Izuku takes a deep breath that he sniffles through feeling his heart ache and his lip sting.

Katsuki watches green eyes that don't want to meet his on the screen and he speaks up softly again trying to stay calm even as his core shakes.

" Hey.. look at me baby."

He watches the greenett shake his head no.

Katsuki takes a deep breath trying to steady his voice.

" Remember when we got into this relationship, and we had that long talk at my place and you told me that real relationships were built on trust and communication?"

There's a sniffle and a head nod and green eyes that still won't look up then a rough but gentle voice.

" Well I'm going to need you to do both of things for me right now Izuku. Talk to me and then trust that I'll be able take care of whatever it is. Will you do that for me? I took a leap of faith getting into this relationship, I need you to do that and trust that it's going to be ok, cause I got this."

Green eyes slowly shift up and hold the gaze of the crimson ones on the screen.

The blonde gives him a smile even though it's hard with the anger in his chest.

" There's those eyes, those eyes that are way too fucking pretty for this shit. Now nice and slow, tell me what happened."

Izuku takes a deep breath then breaks into a rambling explanation.

" First there was the whole interrupted call with you this morning, which you know would have been fine if I hadn't heard all those stupid fan girls gushing no doubt all over you and yes i know thats part of your job but that doesn't mean its easy to hear and I.. I just miss you so bad and then I had a horrible shift, dropping stuff, tripping, I got yelled at, got burnt, almost got fired, then I'm half way through and hear Sora's voice and.."

Katsuki stops him right there.

" What? At you're job?", he ask feeling a knot in his gut and suddenly his skin is feeling hot and overheated because before Izuku can even finish he has a pretty good idea where that busted lip came from.

Izuku nods yes.

" Yes, at .. at the bar. And he said a bunch of stuff to try and get me upset but I spit most of it right back at him, I mean it was annoying and the last the thing I needed but I handled it or I thought I did till I left my shift and dropped your keys and before I was even all the way upright he sucker punched me."

Katsuki is on his feet now, pacing the room he's in feeling all his muscles tense.

" What happened then?", he ask with fire burning in his chest.

The greenett shrugs.

" I .. I fought back, I don't like to but I'm not going to let that stuff go. I roundhouse kicked him twice. He said some stuff about how you'll never really love anything but the band and yourself and that I'll never be able to keep you, and that.. that you were probably sleeping around on me."

Katsuki's grip on the phone is so strong he's sure the thing might break.

Izuku continues.

" I hated to hear him say those things about you so I gave him the same kick to the jaw as last time. Twice. I'm pretty sure it's broken."

" Good", Katsuki mumbles tho he knows if it isn't it will be by the time he gets to him.

" He left after that. I went home, get out of the elevator and see Shoto."

Katsuki freezes his pacing, words dancing against his skull and a name causing lava and stinging bees against his skin.

Soho, hobo......bozo... Shoto.