32. Bad Timing

Five days.

Five days seems long if you're working a full work week.

Five days is long if you're still in school and waiting for the weekend.

It seems to take forever if you are anxiously, excitedly waiting for just about anything, but when you are dreading the arrival of something, five days feels like you've blinked and missed the days in between and now that dreaded day is upon you.

These thoughts turn in a blonde musicians mind as he places clothes in his bags packing for the tour. His face is tense, showing signs of a heavy heart while he finishes his task.

He leaves tonight, the day of his departure came up so fast it still doesn't feel real. Izuku had spent most of the past five days right by his side, rather it be at his practices or in his apartment and that now makes this feel so much harder.

After he puts in the last of his clothing, zipping closed a black suitcase, he sits on the edge of his bed letting out a heavy sigh.

Crimson eyes glance out the window as he sits with his elbows on his thighs, hands folded with his chin rested on them as he continues to mull over how he's feeling and what he's thinking.

Tours never appealed to him all that much. Super late nights, never in the same place or town for more than one or two nights, crap food, hours, sometimes days on a tour bus. It all just seemed to annoy him more than anything, the only real thing he enjoyed was playing music but now with what he's leaving behind that doesn't even sound so great.

He never planned on getting close to anyone after what happened with Sora, and truthfully even when he first started seeing Izuku he wasn't sure his feelings would deepen so quickly, but they have more than he'll admit maybe even more then he realized.

It was scary honestly, the thought of caring so deeply for someone again, opening yourself back up after you had been so throughly destroyed inside.

Izuku was different though, is different, that much he knows. He just hopes against hope it stays that way, after all, he's been fooled before.

Even with those thoughts his heart aches at the idea of leaving the green eyed waiter he's been growing so close to for a tour he never really wanted in the first place. His phone alerts with a text suddenly.

Deku
Hi ♡. I had a break and I was thinking about you, of course so I wanted to let you know that. Are you all packed up and ready to go? :)

The blonde smiles even though his heart aches.

Kacchan 🎶
Of course you were thinking about me, what's not to think about?! Yeah I'm packed. I keep feeling like I'm forgetting something tho.

Izuku scrunches his face thinking about what it might be as he sits there in his waiter uniform in a mostly empty bar on his break not feeling like eating at all.

Deku
Humm... toothbrush? Deodorant? Phone charger? Ear buds ?

Katsuki chuckles at the response.

Kacchan 🎶
Nah....it's none of that. I have all that shit.

The greenett raises a brow.

Deku
I'm not sure then. 😕

The blonde shakes his head with an amused smile.

Kacchan 🎶
I remember now. It's you. Think I can smuggle you under my coat? ;)

Izuku breaks into a soft giggle at the bar rolling his eyes with a wide smile.