49. Socks

Katsuki's heart is hammering in his chest as he stands there at Mina's door with a twisted feeling in his gut.

Mina finally shakes her surprise moving to the side so her friend can come in.

"Bakubabe, come inside. I still can't believe you're here. Is everyone home?"

Katsuki shakes his head, hands in his pockets.

" No, just me. I needed a break for a few days and needed to talk to Deku. I lost my fucking phone somewhere in the airport so I couldn't even tell him I was coming back."

She smiles a bit nervously.

" Oh well that's good, I mean that you're getting a break not that you lost your phone that totally sucks. So you just canceled a few shows ? I bet Mic blew a gasket huh? You look tired, are you tired? Here let's get you a drink.", she rambles quickly.

Katsuki eyes her raising a brow in confusion. He's way too tired and stressed for this, whatever this is that's happening.

"No. I mean yeah I'm beat as fuck but no to the drink and I don't care what Mic thinks. Did you hear me at the door? You have any idea where Deku is? I checked his apartment and he's not there, it's kinda late and that's not like him."

She takes a breath not meeting his eye as she runs her finger across the title on the kitchen counter to distract herself.

" He's.... he's home", she says quietly

He shakes his head with a deep furrow in his brow.

" No he isn't. I just told you I was there and he's not."

She bites her lip cursing the greenett under her breath for now putting her in this position.

" Not... not that home."

Katsuki is so tired and so distracted by everything that's been happening that it's taking his mind a minute to catch up here.

"Huh? What home then..."

But as soon as he says it it finally sinks in as to what she's saying.

Crimson eyes go wide and there's a deep wave of aching fear that slams into his chest.

" Wait.. what?! Like .. home, home!?"

She nods with a slight smile and a nod.

" Yeah, home, home, to see his mom for a few days."

Katsuki begins to pace nervously, that large hand in his hair again, something he's done so many times tonight he's shocked it's not falling out in clumps.

" When?! When did he decide this?! When did he leave?! I know we haven't talked on the phone much but I've left messages and so has he before I lost my phone tonight and I know damn well he never told me this."

She sees the hurt and fear in his eyes that he was left out of the loop, this is the reason she had wanted Izuku to tell him in the first place.

" It was a last minute decision and he didn't leave till today, in fact only a few hours ago. I drove him. He didn't want to tell you because he knows things are a bit off between you and he didn't want to worry you."

Katsuki lifts tired crimson eyes to look at his friend.

" And this wouldn't make me worry? Him leaving without saying anything when we normally talk about fucking everything. This shit worries me even more.", he says as he sits down on the couch feeling all the emotions of the past days and events twist around him.

She sighs moving to sit next to him.

" I know I understand that but he's not thinking clearly either. He's feeling a bit lost himself. He told me what happened. Kat, are you really sure you don't feel the same as he does? You dropped a tour to come back to talk to him, that speaks pretty strongly, everything you've been doing lately does. I know Sora put you through so much and the thought of love now scares you but I just don't want you to miss an amazing opportunity with someone who deserves to hear you say and feel those words and you deserve to be loved Bakugo and he definitely does in a way that Sora or no one else could because he gets you, gets your personality, gets the career you're in and he gets what you've been through because he's been there, that's so hard to find in this world. Plus, not feeling it and not wanting to say it are two different things. You have to look down deep and figure out if it's that you don't feel the same or you're too scared to say you feel the same.", she tells him gently while she rubs his arm.