34. Relief

It' actually took less than five minutes for Katsuki's phone to ring again with a still rattled sounding nervous voice on the other end.

Took the blonde half a ring to answer that nervous voice on the line also.

"That was quick.", the blonde says with a slight smile even though everything at the moment feels heavy.

There's a slightly nervous laugh that sounds worn out from crying.

" I know, I just.. I just wanted to get this sorted as soon as possible because I don't want you having the wrong idea and I know that you do, I saw it on your face and.. those text messages were....

Katsuki doesn't let him finish.

" Wrong. Those text messages were wrong of me to send like that when I was angry. I mean yeah, I got trust issues and you know that but you haven't given me a reason to blow up at you and I shouldn't have sounded so God damn angry at you. Hate to admit when the extras are right but they kept telling me not to blow your phone up and I shouldn't have before you had a chance to explain. I just fucking panicked I guess."

Izuku sighs on the other end grabbing his mug of tea and curling up in his bed as he talks to the blonde.

" I don't really blame you for panicking though. Or being upset. I mean the night I saw Sora in the ally with you I was really upset immediately because I didn't like how it looked, I wasn't sure what to think in the moment and that's why I punched him."

Katsuki smirks at the memory as he lays down.

" Punched him then full on roundhouse kicked that bastard into next mouth like a hot as fuck badass ninja."

He hears a sheepish laugh that always causes a heart skip.

" Well yeah, I may have left that last part out."

Katsuki smiles.

" Not sure why you would, that was my favorite part beside what it lead to afterwards.", he says dropping his tone almost unaware of it as the heated memory dances in his mind.

Izuku bites his bottom lip at the thought pulling his knees up to his chest missing the blonde even more now. Before he can say anything the musician clears his throat.

" Damn, yeah ... anyway we're getting off topic here. First are you alright? Have you calmed down?"

Izuku sighs unsure how to answer. He's calmed down a little yes but he's still upset and nervous that this could go bad if Katsuki overthinks everything, especially at a distance.

" I'm a bit calmer because we're talking, but I'm not going to say I'm perfectly alright because I'm not. Tonight was emotional enough with you leaving but it took a turn for the worst when Shoto showed up right at the end. I know you were furious and what you must have thought at first but Kacchan please believe me when I tell you that I had nothing to do with it, I swear to you. I .. I didn't want to see him when it ended and I.. I definitely don't want to see him now.", he says breaking into tears again at the end.

The sound hurts Katsuki immediately surprising him. He's never been overly emotional but something about Izuku brings a wash of feelings he wasn't sure he was capable of.

" Hey shh...calm down for me. Turn your camera on for a minute Deku."

He hears the sound of sniffles as the greenett speaks.

" No, I really don't want you seeing me all puffy eyed, red nose crying like a baby. I'm a mess and you might actually break up with me right now if I show you."

Katsuki actually chuckles at this.

" I've seen you cry. I saw it tonight before I left and I gotta say if it didn't make my damn heart ache so much I'd actually think it was cute as fuck like everything else you do. Turn your camera on Deku, if we can't be face to face this is the closest thing we got."