27. Ex Idiots

Katsuki hasn't been with the greenett laying back in his arms that long, but he's been with him long enough to see the dark shift in jade eyes when he questioned what Sora wanted.

He raises a brow as he answers.

" Honestly I don't really know, but my guess is he just wanted to be an ass and start trouble. He mentioned something about being friends or some shit. Was running his mouth asking what was so different with you that I wanted to be around you so much, so I gave him a goddamn list."

Izuku has turned around so he's completely facing the blonde, his face showing a look of seriousness on normally gentle smiling features.

" What did you say?"

The blonde furrows his brows.

" I told him to fuck off, that there was no way I wanted to be friends. I don't want anything to do with his cheating, lying ass. I was furious he showed up at the practice venue at all."

Izuku is quiet while his mind takes in the information, deep green eyes shifting to gaze at nothing in particular.

The silence is a bit unsettling for the blonde musician.

" Oi, Deku? You ok? You're so quiet."

Jade eyes meet concerned crimson ones, he smiles.

" Yes rock star, I'm ok but I'm going to be honest, I'm not happy about him showing up again."

The blonde nods.

" Trust me I get it, I'm not happy about it either. This is how he is though, anything he can do to start fucking drama, he lives off it."

Izuku scrunches his face in thought.

" He seems so opposite of you. Whatever made you get into a relationship with him in the first place ?"

Katsuki shrugs forcing a slight smile.

" Shit didn't start out that way. He was good at pretending to be one thing when he was actually another. It was like a bait-and-switch thing. He changed over time, slowly so that I hardly noticed at first. He was so fucking skilled at flipping things around and making me feel like everything was my fault. I use to feel fucking crazy because I couldn't figure out if it was bullshit or it was really me.", the blonde explains.

Izuku feels a twinge of both pain and anger for his boyfriend as he listens.

" The extras all saw it, saw that he wasn't right for me, and could even see behind all his bullshit, I was too close to the situation to see what they could. I feel like an idiot now if I'm being fucking honest. I think that was one of the worst parts when I caught him fucking someone else, 'cause I'm sure it wasn't the first."

The greenett reaches for his hand squeezing it, giving him a gentle smile.

" It doesn't make you an idiot that you were fooled Kacchan, it makes him one. You wanted to believe that someone you had once cared about felt the same. We never want to believe the bad in a person we loved. I get that. But Sora treated you badly and the mind games he played with you are mentally abusive. It's no wonder you felt crazy."

There's a beat of silence while Katsuki feels the hand that's resting perfectly in his while he takes in the words of this seemingly perfect nerd who always seems to know exactly what to say.

There's a slight smile curved onto his features as he shakes his head and clears his throat.

" You always make me feel some kinda way, you know that?"

Izuku smiles brightly.

" I hope so."

The blonde chuckles.