9. Missed Chance

Katsuki sits on an empty stage strumming the strings of a black and orange guitar resting on his lap.

His fingers strum a familiar tune effortlessly even tho his mind isn't on the cords he plays at all, his mind is on forest green hair and even greener eyes.

Izuku has done more than just invade his thoughts lately, he's invaded his space more then once the past two weeks too, rather that was by chance or choice he isn't sure really and he's not even saying he minds all that much.

It had been close to two full weeks since the blonde had broken down and stumbled to the greenett's apartment in a moment of weakness to talk about his past and in the two weeks since the pair had ended up going on morning runs together twice, the greenett even showed himself down in the building laundry room to do his wash at the same time as Katsuki where they ended up laughing and joking around more than doing wash and maybe there was a night where Katsuki had ' coincidentally' walked by Jade at the exact time that nerd just happened to be coming out after his shift, and since they were both going in the same direction why not just walk home together?

And so they did, talking about music and life and before either realized it they were standing in the lobby of the building where neither one seemed to want to budge from so again they didn't, they talked, and talked and ....talked, till 3 am talked until finally Katsuki saw tired eyes and told him it was time they both go to bed.

There's a friendship there, building itself brick by brick, he just hopes the damn thing doesn't collapse to the ground around him before it has a chance to.... to?

He's not sure really, or he's just not letting himself think that far ahead even if the thought is someplace there anyways.

Soon there is a voice he's grown to hear often lately that makes him smile in spite of himself.

" So now I guess I'm your food delivery boy?", Izuku grins holding up a bag of take out food from Jade walking tawrds the blonde sitting on the edge of a mostly dark stage.

Katsuki smirks at him.

" Fuck yeah. I called the restaurant to place my order and said, Make sure you send that nerd with the green eyes, if anyone else shows up with my curry I'm throwing it the fuck back them"

Izuku laughs handing over the bag leaning back on the stage.

" You know I actually almost believe you really said that considering my boss told me that I was requested personally to make a delivery"

The blonde grins.

" Who the fuck said I was kidding? I don't joke about my curry Deku, or the nerd I wanted it delivered by"

The greenett stares up at him blinking a few times, then a wide smile with a laugh rings out.

" You seriously said that??!"

Katsuki chuckles hard.

" Word for word Deku"

" Oh my gosh I can't believe you said that! But I really wish I would have seen his face when you did", the greenett laughs.

The blonde chuckles as he continues to strum the guitar in his lap his eyes shifting to the greenett as he plays.

" You done with work now?"

Izuku nods with a smile.

" Yeah, you were my last official customer of the night"

Katsuki gives him a cocky smirk.

" Best one too"

Izuku grins.

" Yeah definitely, and the furthest away. You so better be a good tipper rock star"