28. Underestimated

Katsuki sits in an oversized dark green chair in Izuku's apartment the next morning.

There's a black guitar in his lap that he's strumming practicing a few songs he'll be using on tour.

He had stayed over to watch the greenett overnight and after he was confident that he would be ok he let him fall asleep in the comfort of his arms.

He'd woken up a few times just to be sure Izuku was still sleeping soundly and each time he checked, he was resting comfortably.

The blonde was up before his sleepy boyfriend sitting in the quiet of the early morning light thinking more about the greenett in the next room than the songs he's absentmindedly strumming.

Things were going well, almost too well, like Izuku was created off the pages of his fantasies of the perfect guy.

He smiles to himself suddenly with a slight disbelieving head shake because over a month ago he wanted nothing to do with dating or a relationship but now he's glad for Pinky and that shitty redhead who kept pushing Izuku into his path.

They haven't been together that long but he's attached even if that's hard for him to admit. The thought that he has to leave that sleepy nerd in the next room has been getting increasingly hard to think about.

Relationships were hard, while you're a rock star in the public eye, on the road with fans always trying to get in your pants was way harder.

His wandering thoughts are suddenly broken when he hears a shuffling sound.

Crimson eyes look up, a smile without him hardly realizing appearing on his face at the sight of a very groggy green-eyed waiter.

His heart skips a beat while he takes in the view in the kitchen.

Izuku has white sweats on that pool around his ankles, he's wearing the black t-shirt that Katsuki had on last night which is oversized on the smaller male, sliding slightly from his right shoulder. Those green locks are messy with sleep but not in a bad way, in a kind of wind-swept kinda look. He's sleepy, letting out a soft yawn as he stirs cream and sugar into his coffee.

The blonde smirks because somehow even with that bandaid still on his forehead from the bump he took last night he's cute as fuck and stealing the cold heart of a once completely closed-off musician.

Crimson eyes continue to watch as he chuckles silently because he's not even sure the tired greenett stumbling around the kitchen with quiet yawns even notices his presence in the other room.

He strums his guitar a little louder drawing green eyes in his direction.

Izuku smiles with a slight blush when he sees the handsome blonde musician sitting there in his fitted black tank top with his guitar resting on his lap.

Katsuki smirks the minute their eyes meet.

" Morning Deku. How are you feeling?"

The greenett makes his way to Katsuki taking a sip of his coffee.

" I feel good, bump is sore just a little bit, but better than last night. And seeing you sitting here all hot and stuff definitely helps. Are you practicing?"

The blonde nods with a slight smile.

" Yeah, a little bit. Was waiting for my nerd to wake up to see if you wanted breakfast."

Izuku laughs softly.

" Coffee is good for now. Mind if I watch you practice?"

They lock eyes for a minute before the blonde grins moving his guitar off his lap and patting his thigh.