𝚇𝚇𝚇𝙸

A cold breeze brushed our fingertips and cooled down my burning cheeks

           A cold breeze brushed our fingertips and cooled down my burning cheeks. I must have had a light fever, but I shook my head and hit my cheek lightly. I had to leave what I saw in the second probation locked behind that door. The event itself couldn't mean anything related to the future. It was just a probation to test my skills. Survivor skills most probably. And it had absolutely nothing to do with what I had to go through next. I hoped.

Witch: *her voice sounded calmer than before* You made it through the second probation with courage and true hearts. The next, and the last, probation is waiting ahead of you. Work as a team and give it your best.

          Another huge door opened with a loud screech noise and my anxiety level increased and decreased in pulsing waves. The memory of both the disturbing paintings didn't leave my head. I shook the thoughts away, but I still felt like I couldn't breathe. A wicked hand with sharp claws closed around my throat, blocking the air and I was slowly suffocating. I gasped, but in vain. A terrible pain attacked my head and I couldn't find the strength to raise my hands and grip my hair. Images of Jungkook dead, Aria dead, Jungkook and Aria dead, Jungkook hurt, Aria hurt, Jungkook hurt, Aria dead, played inside my head without giving me the least of mercy. I was becoming paranoid and I knew it. The pain in my chest made my back arch.

Vale: *her hand on my shoulder felt literally like a magic touch and a waterfall of air flooded my lungs altogether with the images shattering into millions of pieces* Aria, can you hear us?
Denise: *she placed her fingers underneath my jaw and lifted my chin* Sister. Look at me. Everything is alright.
Aria: *I breathed heavily and looked in Denise's eyes without breaking contact* Thank you.
Denise: For what? *she placed a strand of hair behind my ear* Look at me. I know it's scary. Terrifying even. *tears pricked her eyes* But we have to do this. For them. We have to do this for them.
Aria: *I nodded and I felt Vale hugging me from behind* You're right.

          We held each other's hands and took deep breaths for two minutes to calm ourselves down. The memories of the two paintings slowly faded away, but they didn't disappear completely. They were just stains of unfocused colors at the back of my mind stored in a place which will preserve them forever. I had a feeling about it.
          We were allowed to pick back our weapons and I had a feeling that this was the moment to show our abilities for which we've been training relentlessly for the past few weeks. At least a moment for me to show that I am good at something. We could work as a team. We've always been a great team.

Denise: We can do this, girls. Whatever we face in the next probation promise me that our bond will shine brighter than ever.
Vale: Let's do a great job!
Aria: We got this!

          Both Denise and Vale nodded and smiled approvingly towards me. Their proud expressions made me feel a lot better and I clenched my fingers around the handles of my daggers, my mind flying back to the training sessions with Jungkook. These daggers were heavier than the air ones he made, using his ability. Maybe my debt to him was revolving. A dangerous game of russian roulette which we have been playing all along. And we were still going along with it, spinning the cylinder, placing the cold muzzle against the side of our heads and pulling the trigger. Waiting, almost breathless, to see which one of us will be the bullet's target.
          We all stepped ahead and after we entered the room which sheltered the third probation, the door closed behind us. We looked around cautiously, searching the cavernous place for signs of potential enemies. With my hands slowly starting to shake I watched in horror how a dragon arose from the darkness, spreading its wings. A middle sized dragon with grayish-green skin and spikes on his back, with sharp teeth and long, shiny wings. It withdrew two steps and I watched in horror how a wave of fire rushed towards us at a wonderful speed.