𝚇𝙸𝚇

Vale's P

Vale's P.o.v:

          After I helped Denise search for sterile white cloths to use, alcohol to pour on the wounds and tweezers to take out the splinters, I went downstairs to help Taehyung chain Namjoon up. That delusional fucker attacked Denise and injured his own brother badly. Yoongi was barely breathing when I left the room in a hurry.
          I was bracing myself in the middle of one of the most terrible places I've ever seen. A small room that seemed to be a basement, but wasn't. It was crammed with various materials and torture instruments and looked like a medieval movie scene set. A wooden chair was placed in the middle of the room, near a long table which had small, sharp metal bars lined carefully on it. I didn't even want to know if these items were used, but as if Taehyung could read my mind, I heard him say "This room was frequently used in the past. I used to spend weeks locked up in here." I suppressed a shiver and looked at Namjoon, a grown-up man, looking pitiful, chained tightly to the wall with silver chains. How did Taehyung look when he was just a child? Staining this horrific room's floor with his own blood and filling it with his sorrowful cries. I tried not to tear up. It happened in the past. And I should leave it there, covered by a thick layer of dust.
          I moved my gaze towards Taehyung, who was sitting in one corner, his back leaning against the wall, his eyes fixating Namjoon's still unconscious body. He talked, feeling my stare on him.

Taehyung: She could have thanked me at least. They would have been both dead if I didn't show up.
Vale: She will thank you later. Let her take care of Yoongi.
Taehyung: What could have possibly happened that Yoongi ended up that severely injured? He never loses the fight.
Vale: Most probably this fucker *I pointed with my chin towards Namjoon* tried to attack Denise. Maybe Yoongi tried to save her, but something went wrong at some point.
Taehyung: *he rolled his eyes* It will take forever to get all those splinters out of his back.
Vale: What happens if she can't manage to take all the splinters out?
Taehyung: Then he is fucked.
Vale: What do you mean?
Taehyung: Wood makes us weak, it makes us powerless especially when it comes in contact with our blood. Once, I was playing in the garden. I can't remember my exact age, but I was just a child. A splinter pierced through my skin and I remember losing my consciousness before I reached the front door. I can still recall how the wood burned and stinged. It was horrible.
Vale: And what happened to Yoongi now... He will survive. Right?
Taehyung: Wood can harm us, but it can't kill us if it's not piercing through our hearts. If she doesn't hurry, he will be condemned to live a powerless eternity.
Vale: Will he become as weak as a human?
Taehyung: Even weaker.
Vale: *I gasped* I should go and help her!
Taehyung: Don't disturb her. It's between the two of them. When one falls, the other has to lift them up. When one gets badly injured, the other has to heal them.
Vale: What...
Taehyung: Like we did back at the deck. I was drowning and you helped me get back above the surface.
Vale: Does that make us a pair of some sort?
Taehyung: A couple, even.
Vale: *I scoffed* You're delusional.
Taehyung: Don't tell me that you don't like me.
Vale: What if I don't?
Taehyung: Let's say you don't like me. Why did you save me, then?
Vale: I've told you. I did it to save myself, not to save you. I didn't want to drown.
Taehyung: You didn't know that it wasn't an illusion. I've told you that after we kissed.
Vale: I happen not to be that stupid. I almost drowned 3 times when I was kid.
Taehyung: I'll accept your rejection. *he nodded*
Vale: You didn't even ask me anything.
Taehyung: You kissed me!
Vale: So what? I kissed a lot of men. It doesn't mean that it was actually meaningful.
Taehyung: It was and you know it-
Vale: Can we put an end to this? How long has it been since we came here? 40 minutes?